Community
Wiki Posts
Search

South FL: Brightline Returns/New Door-to-Door Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:29 am
Original Poster

South FL: Brightline Returns/New Door-to-Door Service

A casualty of the pandemic, the privately-run Brightline intercity train service in South Florida is re-starting on Monday, November 8, 2021. The route connects Downtown Miami, Downtown Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach.

The company also announced a new door-to-door service called Brightline+. That service begins December 1, 2021. Pricing has not been publicized.

"Introducing Brightline+, our new mobility service that gets you from point A to point B seamlessly. Book an eco-friendly private ride, eShuttle, or bike along with your train ticket to get you to and from our stations easily and affordably. Now, one ticket takes you all the way."

The service covers a 5-mile radius from each station. From quick glance, that means all three of the area airports (MIA, FLL, PBI) are included. The two major cruise ports (Port Miami and Port Everglades) are also included.

Source: https://www.gobrightline.com/mobility

It's an interesting development. It's hard to know if it's competitive, since pricing isn't provided. But, being able to book door-to-door travel in a single transaction is a real benefit. That's particularly true some tourists.

For those unfamiliar, this Brightline route is currently being expanded to Orlando with a future stop on Disney World property. Assuming they duplicate this service in Orlando, that means someone will be able to book their transportation from their theme park-area hotel to their South Florida cruise terminal in one transaction. I'm speculating, but I'd imagine plenty of foreign tourists would happily pay a premium to do that instead of dealing with renting a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.