CLT favorite eatery?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLT favorite eatery?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
I like 1897 if you need some space & time for a longer cxn. The pizzas are decent for airport food.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Centurion Lounge by far has the best food

If you don't have access - Cinnabon
lsquare and Antarius like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: American Airlines
There’s a really cool restaurant with authentic local cuisine in the main area between terminals. You probably haven’t heard of it, but I’m familiar since I lived in NC for years. It’s called Chick-fil-A.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:02 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
For sure Centurion lounge. And then Shake Shack, though the line is always crazy.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Shake Shack (3hr may be enough time to get through the line, if it is open), B terminal Bojangles (for some reason better than the Plaza). Considering 3hr is a long layover for CLT, the B terminal AC should be pretty empty for a good bit of your layover there, would recommend that one over the C/D.
roadtriper likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by roadtriper
Have an upcoming flight with a 3 hour layover in CLT around diner time. I'm sure the inbound flight will have the Famous Protein Sandwich/ Birdseed choices! any recommendations for dinner Airside? Have AC membership and may just graze there? but no other lounge access. any favorites? TIA RT
If you're into Chick-Fil-A, the line is always really long but (as it is famed to do) it moves very quickly (with the added bonus that nothing sits on the shelf long between being made and being handed over).

Semi-related, there is a piano in the main atrium that has historically been available for passers-by to play -- does anyone know if it's still there and playable? (Figured it would be quick to go "due to covid" but would love to stop by and play it if not!)
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Semi-related, there is a piano in the main atrium that has historically been available for passers-by to play -- does anyone know if it's still there and playable? (Figured it would be quick to go "due to covid" but would love to stop by and play it if not!)
I was there a couple of days ago but can't recall seeing it. Then again, wasn't paying attention. Headed back through on Tuesday and will keep an eye out.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Centurion lounge? That's where I'd go.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Thanks Everyone! Unfortunately my Amex card is way too low on the food chain to get me into Centurion. we'll check out the offerings in the AC ,and then it's probably Burgers or BBQ and Beer I like Chick fil A , but hate lines! and wasn't impressed with Airport Phillips, may have been at CLT a few years ago? THX RT
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thanks Everyone! Unfortunately my Amex card is way too low on the food chain to get me into Centurion. we'll check out the offerings in the AC ,and then it's probably Burgers or BBQ and Beer I like Chick fil A , but hate lines! and wasn't impressed with Airport Phillips, may have been at CLT a few years ago? THX RT
Don't forget the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for dessert!
24.05.2004 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I know that we used to have a thread that doesn’t get used much anymore to find sponsors to take someone into the admirals club… Maybe there’s one somewhere out there for the centurion lounge

update, there is: Centurion Lounge meet-up thread
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: Free agent
It's been a few years (3-4) since I've connected through CLT but I remember the BBQ place being pretty great.
roadtriper likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:49 am

If you're into Chick-Fil-A, the line is always really long but (as it is famed to do) it moves very quickly (with the added bonus that nothing sits on the shelf long between being made and being handed over).

The piano is there and people are playing. Went through last week.
platbrownguy and Antarius like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: AA Exp, Admirals Club
I’ve had Bad Daddy’s since the panorama started. It was really really good. Usually I’m grabbing Bojangles to take with me for friends.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat

Yes, and last week there was a fella playing. Always appreciate that. :-)
Antarius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.