FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/)
-   -   CLT favorite eatery? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south/2056578-clt-favorite-eatery.html)

roadtriper Oct 24, 2021 7:02 am

CLT favorite eatery?

Have an upcoming flight with a 3 hour layover in CLT around diner time. I'm sure the inbound flight will have the Famous Protein Sandwich/ Birdseed choices! any recommendations for dinner Airside? Have AC membership and may just graze there? but no other lounge access. any favorites? TIA RT

JJeffrey Oct 24, 2021 7:37 am

IME there is nothing at CLT worth writing home about. Typical airport chain stuff. With 3 hours you have plenty time to walk around for a bit and see what looks the best or what you're hungry for.

If you search the existing CLT thread there's a handful of posts discussing a few options:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ction-etc.html

dls25 Oct 24, 2021 9:20 am

I find all the concessions at CLT to be poor quality with equally poor service. OTOH, if you like deep fried slop with a side of attitude you will love it.

guv1976 Oct 24, 2021 9:29 am

Originally Posted by dls25 (Post 33670276)
I find all the concessions at CLT to be poor quality with equally poor service. OTOH, if you like deep fried slop with a side of attitude you will love it.

Is the side of attitude à la carte, or is this a prix fixe deal?

Long Train Runnin Oct 24, 2021 10:00 am

I like NoDa Brewing out by the new A gates.

A little bit of a walk, but the beers are good. The food is average HMS Host stuff. However, the good local beer makes it my favorite CLT stop.

Catbert10 Oct 24, 2021 10:06 am

Bojangles. Fast food? Yes. Greasy and bad for you? Yes. Really tasty? Also yes.

Antarius Oct 24, 2021 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Catbert10 (Post 33670388)
Bojangles. Fast food? Yes. Greasy and bad for you? Yes. Really tasty? Also yes.

I find the airport Bojangles to be subpar.

Granted, i'm a vegetarian, so my sampling of the menu is limited. However, the non-airport Bojangles run circles around this one.

Catbert10 Oct 24, 2021 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 33670399)
I find the airport Bojangles to be subpar.

Granted, i'm a vegetarian, so my sampling of the menu is limited. However, the non-airport Bojangles run circles around this one.

Agreed. However, Bojangles hasn't come to Central Texas yet so I get my fix when and where I can.

Uzzar Oct 24, 2021 11:28 am

I like Bad Daddy's (burger place) in C. Yes it is greasy and bad for you, but tastes great :)

AlwaysAisle Oct 24, 2021 11:50 am

My choices are Brookwood Farms BBQ and Phillips Seafood

N830MH Oct 24, 2021 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle (Post 33670619)

There you go!! That’s more like it!

I haven’t eat pizza at CLT anymore. Is PapaJohns still there?

ISTFlyer Oct 24, 2021 12:56 pm

Last time I went to CLT ( 3-4 weeks ago ), most of the concessions were either closed or had limited hours due an excuse of labor shortage.
I am not sure if the issue is the same at this time, but wanted to share as the OP might not have that much options as he would imagine if the situation is same.

donotblink Oct 24, 2021 1:00 pm

Centurion lounge.

vasantn Oct 24, 2021 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle (Post 33670619)

Really? I found Phillips to be quite awful. I haven't gone back since.

bse118 Oct 24, 2021 5:30 pm

I haven't been through CLT since the Before Times, so the value of this feedback might be pretty limited, but Beaudevin was my go-to there for longer connections; and I always found 1897 Market to be passable as well.