Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Universal Studios and/or Epcot

Old Sep 14, 19, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Headed to Orlando next week, planning to do both Universal Parks on the same day (not Volcano Bay), and Epcot the second. Any suggestions on best way to achieve? 2 adults, no kids. Unclear whether there are discounts on tickets via AAA, or Costco, or anything like that. If anyone's done the Halloween Horror night at Universal as an adult and thinks it's worth it, feedback appreciated!
Old Sep 15, 19, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

To do both in a day you will probably need to come up with a plan ( decide what rides you want to do) and consider buying the Universial Express ( fast pass ticket) to save queuing time. I have heard the Halloween Horror nights can be intense for some of the exhibits.

For Epcot (Future World will open first and World showcase will open later (11am) Epcot will have the food and wine festival also with lots of foods and drink booths. With only a 1day ticket I'm not sure about Fast passes for the popular rides.

Not sure about discounts for single tickets ( www.disboards.com might have more info)

I do not think you will do everything in 2 days but sounds like fun ( if a little exhuasting- esp with the evening event)

Good luck!

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 15, 19, 5:48 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
HHN at Universal is great and it is very, very different than Disney's "Not-so-Scary Halloween Party" as they try to make it very scary. We'll be there in a few weeks (I have 8 days staying at the Universal Portofino Bay hotel) and have reserved a Universal RIP tour for the family to hit all the scare houses in a single night (and we will go a 2nd night to HHN to re-hit my daughter's favorite scare houses and scare zones). The problem you are going to have is stamina. As The _Banking_Scot mentions, it will be a very exhausting 2 days. What are the 2 days you want to go? If they are a crowded days, then there will be no way you can hit everything both of Universal's parks in a single day without having an EP. And even then you probably won't be able to hit the newest Universal ride, Hagrid's Magical Creatures roller coaster ride as there is no EP for it yet and the lines are anywhere from 1 hr to 3 hrs.

Note over on the Disboards, I remember a post that someone said they tried to hit all the scare houses in HHN in a night (using a separately purchased EP ticket which isn't the same as the Park EPs during the day), they counted over 16000 steps that night which is probably around 7.5 or more miles of walking. So if you are hitting all the parks during the day, you can bet you will be more than 10-15 miles of walking, plus another 5-7.5 miles of walking that night, plus another 5-10 miles of walking the 2nd day (if you are trying to max out both Universal parks, HHN and Epcot in 2 days.) That's 30 or more miles of walking in 2 days. It will be an exhausting 2 days and not what I would think of as "fun". But everyone is different and can define "fun" however they like.

My suggestion is pick either Universal or Disney and buy a 2-day pass. It will be less expensive "per day", save you time from traveling between the 2 and let you focus on maximizing your experience at either Disney or Universal. For example, if you were to pick Universal, you could stay the night at one of Universal's 3 Premier hotels and you will get 2 days of Unlimited EPs. With 2 days with EPs to walk through both Universal's parks, you should be able to hit every ride you want (and even reride the ones you like), all the while not killing yourself trying to hit everything. You won't have to hit the parks at rope-drop in the morning, stay till closing, stay at HHN till well after midnight and then get up to do it again the next day at Epcot.
Old Sep 15, 19, 10:05 am

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Don't know about Universal, but there are no discounts on Disney tickets under 3 days (That I am aware of).

Search this Thread