Reload this Page >

The Club at MCO - airline lounge.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Club at MCO - airline lounge.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:18 pm

Does anyone know how late The Club at MCO serves food? We have a flight departing MCO at 22:50 Monday night and I see The Club (Terminal B, Gates 70-99) stays open until 22:30. Reviews report that they serve soups, sandwiches, cheese, hummus, etc. throughout the day, but does anyone know how late it is available? Ideally we would like to grab a snack around 9-10 pm here before the night flight so we can go directly to sleep upon boarding instead of being served dinner at midnight.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Does anyone know how late The Club at MCO serves food? We have a flight departing MCO at 22:50 Monday night and I see The Club (Terminal B, Gates 70-99) stays open until 22:30. Reviews report that they serve soups, sandwiches, cheese, hummus, etc. throughout the day, but does anyone know how late it is available? Ideally we would like to grab a snack around 9-10 pm here before the night flight so we can go directly to sleep upon boarding instead of being served dinner at midnight.
I was there at 21:30 and the food was still out. My guess is that they start taking it down around 15 min prior to close. Or not replenishing.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:38 am

Thanks, appreciate it! That will work fine. I didn't want to go and find out the soup and sandwiches were only for lunch and they only had chips in the evening.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Thanks, appreciate it! That will work fine. I didn't want to go and find out the soup and sandwiches were only for lunch and they only had chips in the evening.
The food definitely becomes leaner at these MCO lounges as you get closer to closing time. I've stopped there a couple times about a half hour before closing and the pickings can sometimes be pretty slim (aka, nothing to make a meal out of).
Old May 7, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
I saw the reviews when it opened weren't great, but was wondering if there were any recent reviews for the Club in Terminal A (gates 1-29). Have a 4 hour layover there in a few weeks and wanted to know if if was worth going to for a while?
Old May 7, 2018, 1:02 pm

I just wanted to follow up on our visit last Monday night after my queries above. Our flight was supposed to be at 22:50 and, according to the Priority Pass site, the lounge near gates 70-99 was supposed to stay open until 22:30 on Monday night. Unfortunately, our flight was delayed by three hours (due to late arrival of incoming plane), and by the time we were checked in and headed to the lounge and got through TSA, we arrived at the lounge at 21:40. Upon entry, we were advised that the lounge would be closing at 22:00 (not 22:30 as posted on the Priority Pass site).

There was still soup, a few sandwiches and snacks available so we poured a quick bowl of soup and grabbed some chips. As I was walking to the bar to get a glass of wine, they announced over the PA that the lounge was closing in 15 minutes and it was last call for food and beverage. We quickly finished as staff were cleaning up around us -- they even closed the bathrooms for cleaning before 21:50.

The good news is that they seem to serve food and drinks right up until 15 minutes before closing time, which was appreciated. Unfortunate for us was both the delayed flight and the error in the posted closing time on the PP website. Had our flight been on schedule, it would have been a pleasant visit and the food on offer for a late flight was quite adequate to allow us to go directly to sleep when we boarded the TATL night flight instead of sitting up for the meal.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm glad they had some sandwiches for you, Susan. As I said, I've sometimes been reduced to cookies and chips on my closing time visits, so it's definitely a YMMV thing. Food is way more reliable during "regular" hours. Overall, their MCO lounges are a little better than I would expect, though.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:08 pm

Has anyone tried using this lounge after arrival from a red eye? I ask since the terms of the Priority Pass program say "same day" boarding pass and the boarding pass I will have upon arrival will be dated the night before.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used the lounge today from 3 to 4 PM. It was pretty crowded due to the European flights but the food was kept well stocked and the bartenders worked fast. They had a better spread of soups and sandwiches than I typically see at The Clubs but annoyingly, no popcorn!

My two issues with the lounge are that it has very few windows which means most of it is pretty dark and the men's room is too small with only one urinal and two toilets.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Tried to use The Club in T4 around 6:30pm on Saturday using PP. Denied entry b/c lounge was full, but was told I'd be first on the waiting list.

I really just wanted to take a shower so asked if I could just do that and leave and not actually use the lounge, since my flight was boarding soon anyway. Agent said there was a shower available but I still needed to wait until it was less crowded.

I hung around for a couple minutes and then went back to the DL club to evaluate their TP quality.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: AAMastercard, ChaseSouthwest
I was told on June 30 around 7 o’clock but they were full. I had a PP and flying southwest. I told her at the desk that I would just wait and I waited in the lobby of the lounge to be let in. They did ask me if I wanted anything to drink any soda. My mom was with me and she asked for a diet and I refused a drink at the moment. Another guy arrived I’m in after me also with a PP and he was denied based on space issues. A few minutes later the family was allowed to come in and I assume they had the correct flight or first class. Then I was let in a few minutes later and the lounge was busy when I walked in. It is better than the LGA lounge and there are always bags of snacks that I take with me in case my flight is delayed.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I checked this out during a delayed connection on JetBlue. It was REALLY small and cramped. And crowded. But they did let me in, surprisingly. Seems like the past few months I've had less of that than previously.

Anyhow, it was hard to get to anything because it was so packed, food selection was pretty slim, and I barely found a place to sit.

Not high on my list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.