Reload this Page >

The Club at MCO - airline lounge.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Club at MCO - airline lounge.

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 7:18 am

Has anyone used the new lounge on the Jetblue side? It looks like it just opened.

I haven't been in that terminal since the end of March and noticed they had construction going on so it must have been a pretty quick turn. It'll be a nice addition since my usual early morning flying ritual is to clear security and then wait 20 minutes in line at Starbucks.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Seth Moore
Has anyone used the new lounge on the Jetblue side? It looks like it just opened.

I haven't been in that terminal since the end of March and noticed they had construction going on so it must have been a pretty quick turn. It'll be a nice addition since my usual early morning flying ritual is to clear security and then wait 20 minutes in line at Starbucks.
Yes, it's a nice addition, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a pretty bad lounge. Far too small, in the afternoon very busy with lots of families on international departures. Very minimal food selection but a decent drink selection for what it is. Shower is located inside the public bathroom which is very strange. Overall, a place to go grab a drink and wait for a few minutes, but absolutely nothing special beyond that. Not worth going out of the way for.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:54 am

I found it certainly better than waiting in the terminal. I was there in the morning and they had some breakfast items but not much, certainly nothing that seemed like they had made. Overall a good place for killing 30-45 minutes with free snacks and drinks, but not much else.

So, I agree, very welcome addition, but nothing special in the grand scheme of lounges.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:47 am

I'll be arriving from YYZ on AC. can someone confirm I'll be able to use the lounge right on arrival? thanks.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by maxTO
I'll be arriving from YYZ on AC. can someone confirm I'll be able to use the lounge right on arrival? thanks.
Yes, no problem. Just present your AC YYZ-MCO boarding pass along with your Priority Pass (or other relevant) membership card.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm at MCO today and didn't want to bother with lounge bc gate is 120 and the hassle going back thru even with precheck was unappealing. But something occurred to me as I got on the tram. The inbound folks got off on one side and then the outbound folks' door opened for them. What's stopping an inbound from simply waiting and getting off when the outbound doors open, thus depositing in the sterile area that's not partitioned off like it is on inbound exit side?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'm at MCO today and didn't want to bother with lounge bc gate is 120 and the hassle going back thru even with precheck was unappealing. But something occurred to me as I got on the tram. The inbound folks got off on one side and then the outbound folks' door opened for them. What's stopping an inbound from simply waiting and getting off when the outbound doors open, thus depositing in the sterile area that's not partitioned off like it is on inbound exit side?
For the trains that carry incoming international travelers, security guards make sure the train is empty before opening the doors.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:42 pm

Do the showers cost anything and what are they like?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by wildcard442
Do the showers cost anything and what are they like?
I've been to the lounge on the Jetblue side and it was simply a larger single bathroom with what was like a closet with a shower curtain. Certainly not fancy, but I'm sure it gets the job done if you really want a shower.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
If arriving on UA at Airside 3, would it be easy to get to Airside 1 without going through TSA again? Considering a MR to MCO in December and will have a couple of hours to kill. I see this might depend on International traffic, so maybe watch out for international travelers getting on train from Airside 3? I have Pre so going through security again wouldn't be the worst thing, but would be good to know options in advance.

Thansk!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by motoridersd
If arriving on UA at Airside 3, would it be easy to get to Airside 1 without going through TSA again? Considering a MR to MCO in December and will have a couple of hours to kill. I see this might depend on International traffic, so maybe watch out for international travelers getting on train from Airside 3? I have Pre so going through security again wouldn't be the worst thing, but would be good to know options in advance.

Thansk!
I don't know how you'd be able to tell if certain passengers are international inbound. I've done this switch a number of times (maybe 6) and every single time I've had to go back through TSA. Every time. I have PreCheck also, and I usually leave the club about 20 minutes before I need to be at gate. Only once did panic set in. If you're traveling on a heavy holiday travel date, you may want to give yourself more time. My spouse won't even go with me to club anymore b/c of the hassle of going back through TSA (even with pre). I think it really depends on your personal tolerance level and how much you want the club atmosphere (and how much time you legit have).
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I don't know how you'd be able to tell if certain passengers are international inbound. I've done this switch a number of times (maybe 6) and every single time I've had to go back through TSA. Every time. I have PreCheck also, and I usually leave the club about 20 minutes before I need to be at gate. Only once did panic set in. If you're traveling on a heavy holiday travel date, you may want to give yourself more time. My spouse won't even go with me to club anymore b/c of the hassle of going back through TSA (even with pre). I think it really depends on your personal tolerance level and how much you want the club atmosphere (and how much time you legit have).
One clarification - PP says he'd be coming from the United gates TO the lounge. I don't think there is International Arrivals in the United side, so I'm not sure if those trains all require going outside the secure area to go to the lounge.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Yeah I wasn't sure how looking for international passengers would work. I would guess it just makes sense for them to drop all passengers out every time, instead of having guards watch only when there are international passengers. Thanks for the detailed reply!

Originally Posted by chrisny2
One clarification - PP says he'd be coming from the United gates TO the lounge. I don't think there is International Arrivals in the United side, so I'm not sure if those trains all require going outside the secure area to go to the lounge.
Yeah that's the question.

I ended up booking my flight to FLL instead of MCO. It'll be a very short turn around so no need for lounge access there.

Thanks for the help!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For AA at MCO, the new Club location is in the wrong concourse, right? It's in the Terminal B part, I think, but you'd need to switch concourses if I'm looking at the map right. Does anyone know if you can switch trains without having to pass through security?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
For AA at MCO, the new Club location is in the wrong concourse, right? It's in the Terminal B part, I think, but you'd need to switch concourses if I'm looking at the map right. Does anyone know if you can switch trains without having to pass through security?
Correct. The Club on the AA side is in Airside 1 and AA operates from Airside 3.

Prior to MCO deciding to replace the existing perfectly fine APMs with the new, terrible ones, you used to be able to switch inside security. Now however, due to the renovation is isn't possible, at least as of a few weeks ago. Not sure if they've opened both trains out to 1 back up yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.