Connecting at MIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting at MIA

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Connecting at MIA

Did a search but couldn't find an answer, so apologies if it's been asked.

I'll be arriving MIA in terminal E (US Airways) and departing terminal J (Avianca) - from what I can see there appears to be some sort of a walkway between terminals? Is that my best bet...and is it airside or landside?

Hoping to avoid reclearing security, since Avianca doesn't participate (obviously) in Precheck....
Old May 3, 2014, 11:33 am
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
There is no connection airside between Terminals E and J. You will have to exit E and then re-enter J (or H -> J and H are connected airside, as are E and D).

Security lines at both J and H are usually short; if by chance one of them is a little longer, you can enter through the other, as the airside connection corridor is relatively short (contrary to that between D and E)
Old May 3, 2014, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by NPF
There is no connection airside between Terminals E and J. You will have to exit E and then re-enter J (or H -> J and H are connected airside, as are E and D).

Security lines at both J and H are usually short; if by chance one of them is a little longer, you can enter through the other, as the airside connection corridor is relatively short (contrary to that between D and E)
Thanks - just in time...about to board the flight in CLT.

I assume no PreCheck, even if arriving on US?
Old May 3, 2014, 5:11 pm
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Thanks - just in time...about to board the flight in CLT.

I assume no PreCheck, even if arriving on US?
Sorry, but no idea about it (I'm not eligible, I think).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.