Wiki Posts
Search

Dining Alone - South Beach, Miami

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, AMEX Platinum
Dining Alone - South Beach, Miami

I will be in Miami for a M-Th on business and am looking for recommendations about where to dine/drink alone -- some places are better than others for this. Staying at The Tides on South Beach.

Are there good places to eat at the bar, places with a good view, good people watching, etc? Interested in great food and atmosphere regardless of price or cuisine type. Generally prefer upscale/Four Seasons/classy places to clubs or funky places. For example, the Blues Bar at National Hotel sounds cool for drinks after dinner. (But I also appreciate places that feel like Miami).

Thanks!
Old May 11, 2011, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, AMEX Platinum
For those interested (apparently very few!), here are some suggestions I've found elsewhere:

Emeril's at Loew's - great kitchen bar
Michael's Genuine - good bar for dining
Talula - outdoor seating or kitchen bar
Nemo - good counter dining
Meat Market - good bar for dining
China Grill
Azul
Bond St. Lounge
Old May 11, 2011, 9:03 am

Michael's Genuine and Azul are on the mainland.

I believe Nemo is still closed for renovations.

My rec would be sitting at the bar at Prime 112, but basically anywhere with a bar would be fine for single dining.

Also an outdoor seat on any Lincoln Rd restaurant would be fine for going solo. Some of the best people watching anywhere.

Strangely, there are few restaurants in South Beach with a view, Smith and Wollensky is about the only one.
Old May 11, 2011, 11:31 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by FLLDL
Strangely, there are few restaurants in South Beach with a view, Smith and Wollensky is about the only one.
My favorite place with a view is Monty's, but it's the opposite of upscale: http://www.yelp.com/biz/montys-miami-beach
Anyway, this is a good place to get away from it all. It's a casual waterfront restaurant with a tiki bar and pool. On a recent visit, the dining room smelled like dirty mop water. I recommend the tiki bar.
Old May 19, 2011, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Clevelander is a great place to dine alone and people watch.

Check out the dive bar The Duece at some point in time. Never know what you will find.
Old May 16, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Any updated sugggestions here? I'm staying at the Loews and need a place for tonight (I know, late notice, but in a pinch I can just get a slice of pizza and not be that fussed about it). I care much less about the view, much more about the food, but I am inclined to go for more casual when I am dining solo.
Old May 16, 2012, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Any updated sugggestions here? I'm staying at the Loews and need a place for tonight (I know, late notice, but in a pinch I can just get a slice of pizza and not be that fussed about it). I care much less about the view, much more about the food, but I am inclined to go for more casual when I am dining solo.
If you really want casual and cheap I just go to a little "smoothie" shop on Washington between 12th and 13th street on the beach side. I think the name now is Smoothie King. They will make your own sandwich or salad the way you like and its a lot of food. For a sandwich, also ask for a fork you are going to need it.

I then go down to the ocean side walk, grap a bench or a seat on the stone wall and watch the crowd of people (awhile with great music pumping through my head).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.