Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta to Jonesboro

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Atlanta to Jonesboro

Is there a relatively uncomplicated way to get from the convention center in Atlanta to within walking distance of the Jonesboro Train Depot/Road to Tara Museum via public transportation?

Last edited by linsj; Jan 22, 2011 at 7:05 pm
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:35 am

I live in Atlanta and I actually had to look up Jonesboro to see where it was located. No trains to there and they had some pretty bad problems with bus service in that county and I don't know if it was ever reinstated.

The only thing I can think of is

http://www.xpressga.com/index.php?op...d=71&Itemid=75

I've never used one of these commuter buses though. I live and work in the city so I've only ever used MARTA.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Basically, No. Even the GRTA buses mentioned won't help you as they only stop at the Park N Ride lot which is not within walking distance. The least complicated way to get there would be by rental car.
And BTW, I've never been the building but it's quite small. I can't imagine it taking more than 30-45 mins to go through.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was trying to avoid renting a car since there are Jonesboro tours from the museum, but it sounds like that's my only option. Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.