Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Disney "Base" Prices Going Up (Effective 05 August 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disney "Base" Prices Going Up (Effective 05 August 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Not for nothing.... But a 4 ur old should be a 4 yr old and not in a top performance pre-school

He'll get just as much from a nice holiday as hecwill in school.

There will be crowds everywhere and you also have an infant. That's just nuts.

Take the kid out of pre school and enjoy a nice, uncrowded, relaxing vacation. For far less money
Old Aug 18, 2010, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
You are right again.. Kids should have a childhood, and that was one of my priorities was to travel a bit, and we stayed at Fairmonts quite a bit on weekend excursions so that he can have a nice childhood experience. Banff Springs is one of his favorite places, as well as Disney World, and Hawaii/Maui..

The school he attend is rated number one in Alberta from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 9, and Number four in Alberta for Grades 10 to 12. He's mastered stuff in Junior Kindergarten that Grade ones do in the public system.. so if we plug him into the public system, he'll be waiting for a couple of years before everyone of his classmates catches up. He's a bright kid, and needs the challenging environment to thrive.

One of the drawbacks is going on vacation at high times of the season.. We did a 22 nighter over spring break, which worked out well.. missed a few days of school.. 42 nights at Fairmonts so far this year, and a week at the farm.. so a pretty solid couple of months off.. plus a good number of days off during the summer and weekends. But, ideally yes, would like to go low season.. more convenient at the moment to go during the busy periods. Funny, we've generally went low season years past, but we seem to be lucking out high season this past year with my son at school..

Banff Springs was sold out over Family Day weekend and Canada Day long weekend.. very highest times so far this year, except for Christmas.. The hotel manager that I know, some how got us upgraded to the Spa Suite.. 1200 sq ft one bedroom suite, and one of two rooms in the hotel with a balcony overlooking valley view both stays. Spring Break.. sold out, but got an upgraded one bedroom suite.. hotel was full, but didn't look too busy.. hopped over to Maui, and had a fantastic time to finish off spring break. Sounds assanine, but I'm starting to get excited to book something for Christmas.. last Christmas.. specifically Christmas eve, we were in the hospital as our second son popped out.. so would be nice to get in a birthday vacation for little guy too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.