FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/)
-   -   Disney "Base" Prices Going Up (Effective 05 August 2010) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south/1113181-disney-base-prices-going-up-effective-05-august-2010-a.html)

Non-NonRev Aug 5, 2010 11:01 am

Disney "Base" Prices Going Up (Effective 05 August 2010)

Mouse food is expensive, after all: ;)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,7991969.story

Mary2e Aug 5, 2010 11:43 am

This is turning into and annual early August event.

Orlando Vic Aug 5, 2010 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev (Post 14428371)
Mouse food is expensive, after all: ;)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,7991969.story

...and those of the other parks too. Count on it! It will be a matter of weeks (or days).

The _Banking_Scot Aug 5, 2010 3:56 pm

" it's a dear world after all!" ( repeat ad nauseam):D

Regards

TBS

Ancien Maestro Aug 5, 2010 11:11 pm

Sounds like standard price increases happening annually.. Does anyone know if the increase is the same for a ten day pass?

Mary2e Aug 6, 2010 9:53 am

The increases are across the board, from single day tickets all the way up to annual passes.

CHIC SILBER Aug 6, 2010 10:00 am

Unlikely Time

Many local stories talk about the numbers being down

and more & more competition from Universal & Busch

Seems like a strange time to ding em & dang em

Mary2e Aug 6, 2010 10:05 am

The numbers are down. I've made 4 or 5 trips down in the last year and while the parks are still busy and crowded during certain times, it's not what is used to be.

I see more and more people bringing their own food and souvenirs don't seem to be selling quite as much. They've also been running some discount promotions the likes I've never seen before, though they have let up recently.

robtking Aug 7, 2010 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 14431801)
Sounds like standard price increases happening annually.. Does anyone know if the increase is the same for a ten day pass?

Adult Ten-Day Pass: $262 (26.20/day)
Child Ten-Day Pass: $239 (23.90/day)

Park Hopper Addition to ANY ticket remains the same ($54)
No Expiration Option to add to a 10-day now is $213.

Not trying to defend the mouse or anything, but the price increase hasn't occurred every August like people say, and their resort prices have significantly gone down in the past year.

CHIC SILBER Aug 7, 2010 7:27 pm

Small Small World

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 14430058)
" it's a dear world after all!" ( repeat ad nauseam):D TBS

I think you mean "it's a small world after all"

Possibly the best known lyric in the whole wide world

Mary2e Aug 8, 2010 7:38 am

Originally Posted by robtking (Post 14440070)
Not trying to defend the mouse or anything, but the price increase hasn't occurred every August like people say, and their resort prices have significantly gone down in the past year.

Actually, they have, at least for the last 4 or 5 years. I'm sure if I look, one of the disney fan sites will have the historical prices.

As well, the resort prices go up every single year. They are discounting more now, but the prices are still higher this year than last year if you can't get or qualify for one of those discounts.

Ancien Maestro Aug 11, 2010 8:44 pm

Numbers are down.. sounds like a great time to go. This year a bit of write off, we're thinking of making the trip down to Disney World again next year. My brother and his family is going to Disneyland for ten days. Which begs the question, what can you do for ten days at Disneyland? I guess, there are non Disneyland attractions.

Mary2e Aug 12, 2010 7:23 am

Numbers may be down, but they're not offering the discounts they did when you went 2 years ago. They were practically giving away the shop then.

Right now, the best deal for many people except those staying in the least expensive hotels, is the 40% off room rates at deluxe resorts. This discount has been around for a good part of the year and is being offered until 10/2, unless they extend it again.

There's not a whole lot to do at Disneyland for 10 days, but there are other attractions in the LA area, such as Universal.

Ancien Maestro Aug 12, 2010 10:01 am

Mary2e.. that's amazing you've been down to Disney World 4 or 5 times this year. You go there like I go to Fairmont Hotels. Do you go for a break? With kids?

August 09, we went with the free meal plan in a Fort Wilderness Cabin.. 3 adults, one child.. great deal. I remembered you mentioned it wasn't that great of a deal though.. so I must of missed the deal.. the loss leader deal. October 08, we stayed on International Blvd at Crowne Plaza, so I missed the deal then too, because we didn't stay on the Resort.. what sort of deal or discounts were they offering back then?

Mary2e Aug 12, 2010 10:35 am

I don't think I've been down that much this year... maybe 3 times, but the year is young. I go down for a quick break. The last trip was only to go see the Main Street Electrical parade before it left... now it's not leaving. We usually will do a week there at some point in the year. But I don't work there, like you, or a family member, works for Fairmont :D ;)

The best deals are for the free dining IF you stay in a value resort and have a couple of kids. The dining plan is no longer the deal it used to be. Even Disney is now saying you can save "up to 20%. Not worth it in my book.

The good deals from 2 years ago were for "stay 4 nights/get 7" which also included a gift card.. I forgot how much.

They also offered a $500 gift card at some point.

If you're looking for bargains... you're not going to find many, and again, the cheapest you could do it for is a value resort.

I've often said it's cheaper to go to Hawaii for a week than to spend it in Disney, and I have the records to prove it :)

I just finished helping a friend with his reservation, and he's getting the best deal out there - 40% off his deluxe room only and will be paying for food and tickets as he uses them.