Search

Central Chile suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Central Chile suggestions

Here I am, usually the one giving Chile advice. Anyway, I have 4 "free days" in Central Chile (Santiago area) after 4 already-planned nights in Santiago, and prior to heading north to Iquique. I was planning a flight to Pto Montt and drive/ferry to Chiloe, but airfare has gotten ludicrous for my days of travel. I really don't care to spend 4 nights in Vina/Valpo, and really have no idea where to go. I'll probably want to spend night 4 of this block back in Santiago, prior to flying north. Airfare to Concepcion isn't too bad (never have been). I've been to La Serena y Valle de Elqui 3 times already. Have no qualms about driving in Chile.

Suggestions? (Not interested in leaving the country).

Atte:
Viajero sin habitacion
Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
I hear that Cajon del Maipo can be quite beautifull especially now that the weather is nice. There may be bed and breakfasts at the vineyards.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Valdivia, and surroundings, is a reasonable possibility for 2-3 days. If not by air then one alternative is by overnight sleeper bus (very comfortable).

[I'm in SCL at present, if I can be of help feel free to PM me]
Old Dec 9, 2006, 8:55 am
Suspended

Visit the wineries in the Colchagua Valley around Santa Cruz.

Or for a somewhat more adventurous trip drive( turn off near Molina just south of Curico) to Siete Tazas National Park where the a number of impressive waterfalls plus the polls created by the ie the "seven teacups"
There are a number of marked trails leading down to the waters' edge.

Not sure about the dates of your visit but the Park rangers showed my photos of over a metre of snow on the ground during winter.

Note though, the last 40 km or so the drive is on an unpaved road, also need to take passport as you pass through the last guardia checkpoint before the Arentine border.

All the above can also be combined with a visit to the the intreresting town of Talca.

mike
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Decided to fly to Mendoza for a few nights - airfare was good, see someplace new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.