Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Planning a trip to South America and need help!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2006, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

I am in the early stages of planning a trip to South America. We definitely want to go to Buenos Aires. What other places should we include and how long should we stay in each place? What sort of transportation is available to get to other countries? Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 5:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Hello there,

It's hard to give any advice without knowing your preferences: luxury or budget, large city or small town, cold or warm weather, country or beach, time of the year you are traveling, etc.

Maria
Old Nov 11, 2006, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat; UA.
South America is a large place – you can’t expect to see anything close to all of its’ highpoints during one trip. The distances between places you might want to go can be immense. Argentina and most of the other countries have comfortable buses but the travel times are very long. The only practical way to travel between locations on a short visit is to fly.

After you have decided what sorts of things you would like to see or do, it may be possible to give you some useful advice about visiting South America.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:04 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Please visit us over at the Argentina forum where there are a good number of threads with lots of information.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 6:08 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Here´s a quick link to the Argentina forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=622
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:15 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
A few highlights from my trip to South America include:

Buenos Aires - including the delta which is a must see, the pink house (Argentina's version of the white house) and a good steak house!!

Iguaçu - I believe a must see for any one traveling to Argentina/Brazil

Cuzco and Mach Picchu - If you want to hike then its an amazing experience but if hiking is not for you then the train and bus is a great way to get to Machu Picca one of the most amazing places on the planet.

Mendoza - great wine country

Of course down the south of Argentina and Chile is amazing.

Honestly the place has so much to offer. Let us know your interests and we will be able to narrow down some options.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 8:13 am

Agree with all of Hobarthoney's suggestions and would add The Galapagos Islands and Rio (and about a thousand other places if you have the time)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.