Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with transfering inside an airport - SCL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 9:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Need help with transfering inside an airport - SCL

I was not sure how to word this exactly, but my husband will be flying into SCL on a frequent flyer ticket. We could not get him a FF ticket to EZE, so I plan to buy him another ticket from SCL to EZE. My questions:

He is scheduled to land at 10 am. LAN Chile has a flight that departs at 12:20 am - is this enough time?

I know he will need to obtain and re-check his luggage but does he have to go through customs or can this all be done inside the terminal? I want to get him on his flight to EZE as soon as possible.

I'm sure this is old hat for many of you, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:05 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
if he's flying from the us or another international flight, he has plenty of time if his bags are checked thru on lan...i've done it on aa, others on dl...

he will go thru a screening between arr and the departure gates both airside....i have made it in a1hr 15 min x....

hope this gives you an answer....if not provide more info.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:12 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
[QUOTE=elliscm]

He is scheduled to land at 10 am. LAN Chile has a flight that departs at 12:20 am - is this enough time?

QUOTE]

Did you put the times right??? Arrive 10 AM and leave 12:20 AM --- gives you about 14 hours.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:44 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
elliscm - when you check in for your first flight (I assume from US somewhere), ask for your bags to be checked through to EZE. You will need to show the onward ticket to do this. If your bags are checked through, or you are travelling with carry-on luggage only, then the transfer is extremely simple. On arrival follow the signs for international transfers. There is a security check then upstairs to departure level. Right in front of where the escalators arrive is a LAN transfer desk where you can pick up your onward boarding pass.

If your bags are not checked through then you need to clear immigration, collect bags and get them screened for agriculture. Then exit through customs, turn right and take the lift up to international departures. Check in is to the left of where the lift arrives, and security and immigration to the right.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Sorry, the times were 10 am and 12:20 pm. So a little over 2 hours. He will be arriving on an Air Canada flight from Toronto (but he will begin his travel in DSM). He will be traveling with probably 2 pieces of checked baggage.

Kiwi Flyer, I think this exactly the information I need. I will have him try to check his bags all the way through to EZE. Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 11:25 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
This doesn't appear to have anything to do with miles or points, so I'll go ahead and move it to the S.A. travel section.

Regards,

Flipside

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.