Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Does Colombia have priority security? If not, how long to clear? BOG/MDE/SMR/CTG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Colombia have priority security? If not, how long to clear? BOG/MDE/SMR/CTG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG

Do BOG/MDE/CTG/SMR airports have priority security for J pax/status pax? Or any other pax? If not, wondering how long it takes at these airports to clear during peak times...

Thank you!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I only know about BOG domestic and BAQ international but neither offered it to me.

BOG security was quick.

But when I flew out of BAQ it was a peak time and the security, which was done by Securitas, was quick too.

However, after security you encounter customs/anti-narcotics police/Longport Aviation Security. On the day I flew all male passengers aged 18-60ish were hauled aside and had hand baggage searched. We were then all put through a body scanner.

It was poorly organised and took about an hour! There were also periods of time when we were left unsupervised after the bag search and before the body scan when anyone carrying contraband could have transferred it from their body to their bag!
SKYEG likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: UA
MDE doesn't have priority security lines. Passengers go through typical x-ray security, then often a secondary check by military or police (which can be anything from questioning to a quick bag search), then immigration. Whole process is typically 10 minutes, maybe 30 minutes at worst. The choke point typically is immigration, where they only assign the minimum number of agents such that the process is always 10+ minutes.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No priority security lines, but as I recall it, there was almost no waiting time; quite efficient. This was pre-Covid btw.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: QF, LM
I know this is old advice, and the thread is dead, but some things never change...
MDE is a smallish airport, but quite competent in managing international screening. My experiences there range from the courteous "wave through" through to being hauled aside and placed on an ancient body scan that probably has stopped me ever having children again As other posters have said, it does not take long. maybe tops ten minutes or so, and I say that after many experiences. I think I have done MDE exit internationally about a hundred times in the last decade. Far quicker and pain-free than Bog.

To the OP, the times are negligible. There is no priority security, but it just runs quickly.
LETTERBOY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.