Current travel situation to Chile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current travel situation to Chile

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2021, 3:48 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Exclamation ALERT - possible problems for over 55 years old

New problems could soon be reality for over 55 years old who may not be able to get the mobility pass without having had a booster shot.

I found this: "Desde el 1 de diciembre de 2021, se exigirá la dosis de refuerzo a la población mayor de 55 años para que mantengan habilitado el Pase de Movilidad." in the FAQ section of https://www.gob.cl/yomevacuno/pasemovilidad/

This could definitely kill travel plans and the procedure for obtaining the mobility pass is already long (per their website should be within 2 weeks) as many people will be over 55 planning for example Antarctica cruises. Also in many countries boosters are not yet available or only for over 60 years old.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:37 am

What does it say?

Originally Posted by behuman
New problems could soon be reality for over 55 years old who may not be able to get the mobility pass without having had a booster shot.

I found this: "Desde el 1 de diciembre de 2021, se exigirá la dosis de refuerzo a la población mayor de 55 años para que mantengan habilitado el Pase de Movilidad." in the FAQ section of https://www.gob.cl/yomevacuno/pasemovilidad/

This could definitely kill travel plans and the procedure for obtaining the mobility pass is already long (per their website should be within 2 weeks) as many people will be over 55 planning for example Antarctica cruises. Also in many countries boosters are not yet available or only for over 60 years old.

I'm 58 and DH just turned 60. We had our boosters on 10/12 and 10/14 respectively. And we got our antibody tests done pre-booster. Mine # was wildly high. He was med-average. Our Antarctic trip has been in the making for years, so we are tying to everything we can to make it a go.
behuman likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
At the moment, this deadline is for citizens and residents not foreigner tourists. It was also announced that after that deadline, there will be another one set for the rest of the population probably down to age 12 (which they recently jabbed in mass).

Of course, one needs to monitor the rules for foreigners at:

https://www.gob.cl/coronavirus/pasoapaso#fronteras/
behuman and John Portland like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:24 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
At the moment, this deadline is for citizens and residents not foreigner tourists.
False alarm then, sorry and thank you Viajero Perpetuo. This said, I think it is a good thing to discuss all possible problems on this lovely platform which is FT.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:34 am

Have you heard anything?

Originally Posted by PRoth59
Mine was submitted the 18th, basically the same day as my booster shot for a data point/idea.
I received mine on 11/3. My husband, who submitted his a day before I submitted mine, has not come thru yet. Only thing different between us, I received Pfizer, he Moderna.

This is now what his says..

"Not Entered", You do not currently have a valid application"

Is this what yours said before you recieved???

. We're panicking.

Last edited by stan1162; Nov 5, 2021 at 7:13 am
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:34 am

I asked another poster.

Originally Posted by YKS
I waited 20 days for validation. Last two i couldn't check the status on the mevacuno website.
This is now the new message husbands says:

Not Entered.
"You currently do not have a valid application"

Does that it mean it has moved from application to validation???? We depart on the evening of the 11th, but we know in the validation email, there is a number that has to be entered 48 hours before, which would be Tuesday the 9th.

Ugh. This is so stressful.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:38 am

we submitted ours on October 14th. We received answers yesterday. My wifes passed, mine was REJECTED. We were vaccinated on the same day with the same vaccine and submitted in fact almost identical Information.

A kind of arbitrariness ?

I got a link to upload additional information and I did it. After that I got a message that the additional information was send. Status in the account says it must be send...OMG.

Our travel date in Nov 23rd.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:37 am

OMG

Originally Posted by schoppy
we submitted ours on October 14th. We received answers yesterday. My wifes passed, mine was REJECTED. We were vaccinated on the same day with the same vaccine and submitted in fact almost identical Information.

A kind of arbitrariness ?

I got a link to upload additional information and I did it. After that I got a message that the additional information was send. Status in the account says it must be send...OMG.

Our travel date in Nov 23rd.

We leave on Nov 11th, for an Antarctic cruise. S**T. What kind of additional information did they ask for???
Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by stan1162
We leave on Nov 11th, for an Antarctic cruise. S**T. What kind of additional information did they ask for???
In the first attempt they asked for a copy of my vaccination card so I just send a picture from my vaccination passport with the covid page. Maybe a mistake..Now I made a word document with my barcode and additional screen shots from my vaccination app and created a PDF from that.

Strange that my wifes verification passed as I also only send a picture from the vaccination passport..

When will the cruise start ? You start from Punta Arenas ?

Last edited by schoppy; Nov 5, 2021 at 9:55 am
Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:56 am

Flight

Originally Posted by schoppy
In the first attempt they asked for a copy of my vaccination card so I just send a picture from my vaccination passport with the covid page. Maybe a mistake..Now I made a word document with my barcode and additional screen shots from my vaccination app and created a PDF from that.

Strange that my wifes verification passed as I also only send a picture from the vaccination passport..

When is your flight ? You start from Punta Arenas ?

We fly out of DFW on the evening of the 11th. 2 days in Santiago, and fly to Punta Arenas on the 14th to board the Silversea Silver Cloud. We get our PCR tests on the 9th. He has a current positive antibody test too. Maybe they would like that!!
Stressing out is an understatement.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:28 am

By some miracle (or magic), my application has now been approved 2 days after I submitted the QR code.
behuman likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 10:53 am

I received mine on 11/3. My husband, who submitted his a day before I submitted mine, has not come thru yet. Only thing different between us, I received Pfizer, he Moderna.

This is now what his says..

"Not Entered", You do not currently have a valid application"

Is this what yours said before you recieved???

. We're panicking.
I got approved yesterday 11/5 (again applied the 18th) friend had some sort of reason his got rejected on the 4th (applied the 17th) trying to sort out.

With my flight being Monday evening, are there chain/large PCR options with a relatively modest cost or free that would have the answer for my in the 52-ish hours I have as of now?
Old Nov 6, 2021, 12:24 pm

CVS

Originally Posted by PRoth59
I got approved yesterday 11/5 (again applied the 18th) friend had some sort of reason his got rejected on the 4th (applied the 17th) trying to sort out.

With my flight being Monday evening, are there chain/large PCR options with a relatively modest cost or free that would have the answer for my in the 52-ish hours I have as of now?
Where are you? CVS shows testing avail for travel on their site, and it now says 1-2 days. We actually have TWO planned. Once at CVS, and one at a "boutique" clinic, 2 hours later. The boutique says will come back within 48 hours. Also, I ordered Sanotize from Israel, and have started using 3X per day, and will use this way until we board our ship on the 14th. We go nowhere without a mask. Will not take our masks off in the airport, nor the airplane. I am not afraid of getting sick, I'm afraid of even getting any virus in my nose, and getting a + PCR, and not being able to board the ship.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Where are you? CVS shows testing avail for travel on their site, and it now says 1-2 days. We actually have TWO planned. Once at CVS, and one at a "boutique" clinic, 2 hours later. The boutique says will come back within 48 hours. Also, I ordered Sanotize from Israel, and have started using 3X per day, and will use this way until we board our ship on the 14th. We go nowhere without a mask. Will not take our masks off in the airport, nor the airplane. I am not afraid of getting sick, I'm afraid of even getting any virus in my nose, and getting a + PCR, and not being able to board the ship.
Do you have a Walgreens near you? Their PCR test (at least the type accepted by Canada) is much faster. It's called ID NOW.

BTW, respectfully, Covid hysteria can be more harmful to you than Covid.
behuman and cheltzel like this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by iahphx
Do you have a Walgreens near you? Their PCR test (at least the type accepted by Canada) is much faster. It's called ID NOW.
On
BTW, respectfully, Covid hysteria can be more harmful to you than Covid.
This isn't a case of hysteria as it is a case of trip surprises and disappointments. On my only int'l trip that actually happened since March 2020, I took 2 pre-departure tests to insure that at least one would come back in time, and took my return test at the earliest possible opportunity, lest I end up with an asymptomatic case during my travels and get stuck.

I'm currently dealing with a "what to do" with my traditional late Dec / early Jan Chile and Argentina trip, as I'm currently holding award space SFO/SCL (RT) but can't get anything EZE/SCL to add to the ticket, and on separate tickets, I'll end up dealing with the nightmare of entering Chile with these protocols for what should be a stay of a few hours. On separate tix, there's no way either LA or AR will check my bag through BUE/SCL/LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.