Current travel situation to Chile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current travel situation to Chile

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:41 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
IPC

This morning quite some new dates show LA availability with the previously open flights booked solid. Just bought tickets for December with the credit of my LATAM wallet. CLP 1 542 412 for two * in "top business refundable" look like a good deal.

* book on the CL website as you should always do
13901 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Has anyone had problems getting a paso de movilidad due to being unable to read QR codes on the submitted documents? I applied for one last week for an upcoming business trip to Chile (arriving at SCL on August 29) but my (Scottish) certificates (two doses plus booster) were rejected due to the reviewer being unable to read the QR codes on them, even though all the other relevant information was on the documents. I have rescanned them and I am still waitng for the outcome. I could scan the QR codes from my phone app as they are much clearer, but I don't know if the QR codes on their own would be acceptable.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
To answer my own question - the random tests will continue beyond September 1: https://saludresponde.minsal.cl/medi...as-nacionales/

Continúa vigilancia genómica a través de testeo aleatorio en los puntos de acceso.
Genomic surveillance continues through random testing at access points.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Sunday September 4, Election Day, is a DRY day by law in Chile. If you want an adult beverage for Sunday, buy your stash today or tomorrow and also remember that restaurants, fuentes, bars will also not be serving the hooch.
Xyzzy, behuman and Flying Machine like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Ardecos
Has anyone had problems getting a paso de movilidad due to being unable to read QR codes on the submitted documents? I applied for one last week for an upcoming business trip to Chile (arriving at SCL on August 29) but my (Scottish) certificates (two doses plus booster) were rejected due to the reviewer being unable to read the QR codes on them, even though all the other relevant information was on the documents. I have rescanned them and I am still waitng for the outcome. I could scan the QR codes from my phone app as they are much clearer, but I don't know if the QR codes on their own would be acceptable.
Well I found out first hand last week that there was no need to worry about the MeVacuno QR code. It was never asked for anywhere and this included hotels, restauants, bars and buses. The only comment I would make is that mask wearing in Chile is pretty universal, both indoors and outdoors, so if mask wearing is not for you then avoid Chile.
magpie37 and Flying Machine like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Ardecos
The only comment I would make is that mask wearing in Chile is pretty universal, both indoors and outdoors, so if mask wearing is not for you then avoid Chile.
Never wore a mask south of Puerto Montt and this was in February 2022. Time to ignore Covid, now we are September 2022.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Data point from today at SCL - we got in around 7:15 this morning. My wife was picked for a random PCR, I was not chosen. The current mechanism is two people "randomly" giving you a sticker where yellow means no test, and red means you're being tested.

They've repurposed a set of flight connections/transfer desks in T2 to be ingress stations for the PCR test. They collect your info, you get your test, and the results are emailed when results are available. Hers were available about 8 hours after the test.

Total time from exiting the plane through customs after getting our bags and ordering a taxi - 50 minutes.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:16 am

Just announced:

Mobility Pass goes away October 1, 2022 but may be resuscitated if needed.

Mandatory masking also goes away except for health facilities.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
Just announced:
Thank you for these news dear Viajero Perpetuo.
The end of the "dictadura sanitaria" (as a dear friend having a tourism business in Chile called it). This is really good news and long overdue, but even the most patient population could not be kept under this tyranny any longer.

Wonder how long they will keep their "random" (extremely deep nose) testing upon arrival to frighten away tourists and buisnesspeople? Never got such a nose bleeding in my life.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Just announced:

Appreciate the update. Works perfectly for my travel dates!
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:32 am

Need to see the main Chile travel website updated but supposedly, these rules will remain:

For tourists, it looks like you will need to show jab certificates or a 48 hour negative PCR to enter Chile.

The limited random testing on entry will only be for residents of Chile.

The health ministry can still quarantine you for 5 days (vs. 7 days previously) if one tests positive.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:00 am

The limited random testing on entry will only be for residents of Chile.
Thank you for your always useful insights dear Viajero Perpetuo.

Does this mean that tourists (who must be vaccinated accordingg to the schedule of their country of origin - single booster for most - or PCR tested) there will be no more random testing ? Would be a huge risk removed.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by behuman
Does this mean that tourists (who must be vaccinated accordingg to the schedule of their country of origin - single booster for most - or PCR tested) there will be no more random testing ? Would be a huge risk removed.
Unfortunately, I've already detected a discrepancy on that point. the domestic news release slide show said what I posted above. But the updated as of yesterday https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/ does not say this and gives the impression that tourists will still be subject to random testing. We will have to wait till October 1 when real life reports trickle in.
behuman and Flying Machine like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:48 pm

Unfortunately, I've already detected a discrepancy on that point. the domestic news release slide show said what I posted above. But the updated as of yesterday https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/ does not say this and gives the impression that tourists will still be subject to random testing. We will have to wait till October 1 when real life reports trickle in.
They updated the Chile travel page today and added "(until October 1st)" to "Diagnostic tests will be carried out randomly at the entry point to Chile".

So it appears that the original news release is correct.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Regarding vaccine status. I live in the state of California and I have an electronic filing with a QR code in my iPhone. Showing all my vaccines, manufactures and date of inoculation (issued by the State) In addition I have the white CDC card. Will I need both enter Chile? I’m assuming if I fly from Buenos Aires it will be the airline carrier that will be requesting this information? There is a chance at the end of October I may travel by bus from Mendoza instead of flying. Do you think they’ll be any issues with the pass at that time ? Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.