Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels/Neighborhoods Lima and Santiago

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Hotels/Neighborhoods Lima and Santiago

Need hotel advice for Lima and Santiago. In Lima for 2 days before cruise embarkation. We like to walk around mostly.. Is Miraflores best neighborhood for the hotel? Other good areas?

Santiago, need a hotel for one night there as well. What area should I look for there?

We do not need the Ritz Carlton, but any other nice alternatives??

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Miraflores is probably the best area in Lima

Santiago is a little more complicated - One day ? Downtown has more to do during the day but can be quite dreary at night. Providencia or Las Condes are decent and have good eating options,

We live in Argentina and we like to shop in Santiago , so staying close to la Costanera Shopping Mall tends to be our area of comfort.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
I agree that Miraflores is likely the best option for you. If you choose to stay there, I recommend you grab a cab and go to Barranco, the next district to the south. The area around the "Puente de los Suspiros" (Bridge of Sighs) is worth seeing, and somewhat less touristy than the Kennedy park area of Miraflores.

An alternative to Miraflores is San Isidro. My favorite part of Lima is around the "El Olivar" park, it's a really nice neighborhood great for walking, generally very secure (relative to the rest of Lima, anyway), plenty of nice shops & restaurants, etc. and a range of hotels from modest pensions to five star. Also, San Isidro is a short taxi ride away from Miraflores and only a little further from Barranco.
boxo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.