Wiki Posts
Search

Tips for getting from Easter Island to South America one-way

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM PG, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum
Tips for getting from Easter Island to South America one-way

I'm booking a ticket from PPT - IPC on LATAM using Avios, but I'd like to continue from Easter Island on to South America. I can't find any award availability from IPC on to SCL or anywhere in South America though, and it appears that LATAM doesn't release award availability to OneWorld partners. Even buying a ticket is priced higher than a RT (SCL-IPC) flight and would run me US$500 for the one way. I'd be making this flight in early Feb, but I'm completely flexible with my schedule and routing and am willing to get creative if anyone has ideas.

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Originally Posted by otptravels
I'm booking a ticket from PPT - IPC on LATAM using Avios, but I'd like to continue from Easter Island on to South America. I can't find any award availability from IPC on to SCL or anywhere in South America though, and it appears that LATAM doesn't release award availability to OneWorld partners. Even buying a ticket is priced higher than a RT (SCL-IPC) flight and would run me US$500 for the one way. I'd be making this flight in early Feb, but I'm completely flexible with my schedule and routing and am willing to get creative if anyone has ideas.

Thanks!
LATAM is the only airline that serves Easter Island, now officially called Rapa Nui, and the only route to get to the continent is IPC-SCL. February is the busy Chilean summer vacation month. Rapa Nui has also recently imposed stricter entry rules and a return or onward ticket is now mandatory and a visitor cannot stay longer than 30 days. IMO, $400-$500 USD is quite a reasonable price for IPC-SCL one-way in February.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM PG, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum
Ah ok - I won't hold my breath for any award space to open up. I may just do PPT - IPC return with points. Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.