Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Columbia reciprocity fee

Columbia reciprocity fee

Old Sep 25, 18, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Columbia reciprocity fee

I'm a British Citizen with a British passport but am a permanent resident of Canada. Do I pay the reciprocity fee for Canadians even though not a Canadian citizen. Don't want to do the wrong thing. Any advice or help appreciated
Old Sep 26, 18, 10:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
I'm not 100% sure of the answer for Colombia's reciprocity fee but I'd venture that it is like the fees of Chile and Argentina: the charge is based on your nationality (passport), not your country of residence.
Old Sep 26, 18, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Thank you

It occurred to me that we show our permanent residence cards on our return journey and cannot board without them so I’m thinking it may be an even greyer area lol!
Old Sep 26, 18, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Colombia's reciprocity fee is for Canadian citizens, which means it applies to people who enter with a Canadian passport. You are a British citizen with a British passport, so it shouldn’t apply to you.
(https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements)

The fact that you need to show your Canadian permanent residence card when checking in to your flight departing Colombia shouldn’t make any difference. The Canadian permanent residence card is only needed to prove that you can legally enter Canada.
Old Sep 26, 18, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Thank you

thank you, appreciate the advice. Just didn’t want to do the wrong thing

Search this Thread