No argentina entry stamp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No argentina entry stamp

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
No argentina entry stamp

I took buquebus today from Montevideo. The Uruguay immigration said to go to gate 8 for Argentina immigration but I couldn't find that gate. I asked some other foreigners who spoke English if they went to immigration and they they all said no also. However the hotel was very confused and said they've never seen this happen before. Will this be an issue at departure from EZE airport?
Old May 9, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA and Delta Silver, SPG Gold
When I took buquebus from BA to colonia and back I went through immigration entering and exiting (keep in mind this was when there was the visa fee for Argentina). Just a data point. Good luck, hopefully no issues departing EZE.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by slickvik
I took buquebus today from Montevideo. The Uruguay immigration said to go to gate 8 for Argentina immigration but I couldn't find that gate. I asked some other foreigners who spoke English if they went to immigration and they they all said no also. However the hotel was very confused and said they've never seen this happen before. Will this be an issue at departure from EZE airport?
Yes. The check-in agent will probably send you to the Migraciones office when (s)he can't find your entry stamp to sort things out prior to going through security. An astute agent once saw that the entry stamp was mis-dated and sent me there - they gave me a printout of my actual entry to hand to the immigration officer at the booth.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Went to immigration office for 4 hours yesterday. First got sent from one building to another, then one line to another. After that they sent an email to Uruguay immigration and told me to wait two hours. Then they told me to come back the next day. Today they gave the stamp quickly. Still very inefficient overall. Nonetheless glad to have it over with.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Gate 8 at Mvd Port is more tha likley the desk right next to the one you exited Uruguay from . There is normally an Arg Immigration guy right next to the Uruguayan guy but if the line isnt busy there will be one Arg guy for every two Uruguayan guys.

Looks like the UY guy didnt explain clearly
Old May 12, 2017, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malagajohn
Gate 8 at Mvd Port is more tha likley the desk right next to the one you exited Uruguay from . There is normally an Arg Immigration guy right next to the Uruguayan guy but if the line isnt busy there will be one Arg guy for every two Uruguayan guys.

Looks like the UY guy didnt explain clearly
Agreed the Uruguay person didn't point or anything thus my confusion
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
Did you do the Francisco or the bus-Colonia-ferry route? I'm navigating Montevideo to BA next week and trying to sort through the options. Flying one-way to EZE is certainly out, but friends are recommending the ferry.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by chipper
Did you do the Francisco or the bus-Colonia-ferry route? I'm navigating Montevideo to BA next week and trying to sort through the options. Flying one-way to EZE is certainly out, but friends are recommending the ferry.
Ferry is really the easiest and most pleasant way, and brings you right to a central part of BA.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chipper
Francisco, from Montevideo buquebus is the best you can arrive pretty late I got there half an hour before the ferry time and there was no line. Also, the location is pretty central.
chipper likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Will keep this in mind on upcoming BA to Colonia ferry trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.