Search

Short connection SCL - Will I make it?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, FB Plat
Short connection SCL - Will I make it?

Hi,

AA rescheduled my flight to SCL, so I will have only 1:35 to transfer from AA 957 MIA-SCL flight to LA841 SCL-IPC.

Is this feasible or to risky? According to flightaware AA flight is quite often late. I will be hand baggage only, but not familiar with airport and immigration and so on.

Thansk for any thoughts,

Andre
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AA exp, Marriott Amb
It seems reasonable to me. The only hangup will be if AA 957 comes in late. Security and immigration in SCL has always been quick for me.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
In my last dozen flights through SCL, time to get through immigration and customs has ranged from 15 minutes to 2 hours. The average is probably under an hour. So, I'd say your odds are good unless (as Melkor suggests) your flight is late.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Assuming this is a trip of a lifetime (Easter Island).
Assuming Murphy's Law.

IMO, that is too short. I personally recommend persons traveling to Isla de Pascua to get there the day before to make sure they are on that normally packed flight to that mysterious island the next morning.

Remember, OP is not terminating at SCL burt needs to then take the elevator up to the departures level to bag drop/check-in on the domestic side and then clear domestic security. Check-in online and print boarding pass for the SCL-IPC flight before you leave to save a couple minutes for the recheck.

If this is not a trip of a lifetime, factor in the cost of a possible lost day there (lodging, tours, etc.).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, FB Plat
Thanks fellow travellers, every trip can easily become a trip of my lifetime at any point of the journey :-)

Anyway its SCL-IPC full flex business fare I found on this forum in addition to AMS-SCL-MAD mileage run in business.

So I will try to convince AA find another way to get to SCL sooner, since they change the schedule (only 65 minutes though)... Only thing is to survive 60+ minutes overseas call...

Thanks again, Andre

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.