Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires or Rio in Feb after carnival

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Buenos Aires or Rio in Feb after carnival

For the travel experts here with South America experience, I am planning to visit either Buenos Aires or Rio in Feb after carnival. Burning points before losing SE. Planning to travel with kids with 6 yrs being the youngest. Any preference of city? Heard Rio is not too safe. Any suggested itin, hotels to stay in and places to visit? I have checked various sites but looking for some real world experience. Visa seems expensive.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Both will be hot. Rio has the beach, which kids (and adults!) will love.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:29 pm

Yes, very hot and humid.

Lots of things to do with kids in Rio. Beach of course. Surfing lessons. Steam train up to see the view from under the Cristo's outspread arms. Tram up Sugarloaf to see monkeys, buzzards and the view. Sunday at Quinta de Boa Vista park with rides, zoo, Carioca families, food stands, ethnographic museum. Ferry ride over to Niteroi for views and museum architecture. Peddled swan boats at the Lagoa. Bike riding along the beach path. Craft fairs. Feira Nordestino. Saara feira. Marependi wetlands. Great food for all. Great drinks for mom and dad. And that's just Rio, the city. Brazil has so much more in addition, like fairly nearby Ilha Grande, and Colonial Paraty or Bardot's Buzios.

Brazilians love kids and will go out of their way to engage your younger ones.

Leave the jewelry at home and all electronics in the hotel and you'll be fine.

Last edited by VidaNaPraia; Dec 9, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:51 pm

Both are great cities but Rio is better with kids. Combining the two would be ideal (and easy). A stay on an ranch in Argentina will also be magic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.