Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > South African Airways | Voyager
Reload this Page >

Using SAA Business/First Lounge in Cape Town

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2004, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper

I am travelling on DL (code share SAA metal) in coach ATL/CPT/ATL and want to know if anybody has been able to use the SAA Lounge at Cape Town Airport.

I am a DL PL and although DL CS tells me I can I was curious if anybody had done it as some of the things DL CS tells you that you can do when travelling on a DL code share flight are not always correct.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 7:16 am

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
I am travelling on DL (code share SAA metal) in coach ATL/CPT/ATL and want to know if anybody has been able to use the SAA Lounge at Cape Town Airport.

I am a DL PL and although DL CS tells me I can I was curious if anybody had done it as some of the things DL CS tells you that you can do when travelling on a DL code share flight are not always correct.
You can definitely use the lounge as you are PM and on the DL/SAA codeshare. For future reference you may even use it if you are on another carrier or on a SAA flight that is not code-shared with DL, but it's a bit more iffy -- really the whim of the receptionist at the lounge. At both CPT and JNB I've encountered huge variation in policy enforcement, but I've always been able to use the lounge (not the first class lounge, the business class lounge) when flying either coach or biz on the codeshare.

Last edited by rhetor; Apr 9, 2004 at 7:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.