Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > South African Airways | Voyager
Reload this Page >

Possible to book SA Airlink flights with Star Alliance or other partner miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible to book SA Airlink flights with Star Alliance or other partner miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See post #11 .
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
That's 'cause you can't. Full stop.

Johan
My experience confirms this. Last year I was trying to book a one way ticket using UA miles from Windhoek to Cape Town. Plenty of availability with connection via JNB. I knew there was a couple of non stops directly but none showed when I checked for an entire month. Turns out the non stop is an Airlink flight and therefore not bookable with UA miles. I just purchased the ticket as it was fairly cheap and saved a ton of time.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by fleur_de_lys
My experience confirms this. Last year I was trying to book a one way ticket using UA miles from Windhoek to Cape Town. Plenty of availability with connection via JNB. I knew there was a couple of non stops directly but none showed when I checked for an entire month. Turns out the non stop is an Airlink flight and therefore not bookable with UA miles. I just purchased the ticket as it was fairly cheap and saved a ton of time.
You can book but it may only be possible if it's part of a number of flights.

e.g. if you search on mileage plus for FRA-SZK you can book it (where the JNB-SZK segment is airlink) on 14/12/2017.

Last edited by SvenAge; Oct 7, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.