Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > South African Airways | Voyager
Reload this Page >

Possible to book SA Airlink flights with Star Alliance or other partner miles?

Possible to book SA Airlink flights with Star Alliance or other partner miles?

Old Sep 15, 17, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See post #11 .
Old Sep 27, 17, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
That's 'cause you can't. Full stop.

Johan
My experience confirms this. Last year I was trying to book a one way ticket using UA miles from Windhoek to Cape Town. Plenty of availability with connection via JNB. I knew there was a couple of non stops directly but none showed when I checked for an entire month. Turns out the non stop is an Airlink flight and therefore not bookable with UA miles. I just purchased the ticket as it was fairly cheap and saved a ton of time.
Old Oct 7, 17, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by fleur_de_lys View Post
My experience confirms this. Last year I was trying to book a one way ticket using UA miles from Windhoek to Cape Town. Plenty of availability with connection via JNB. I knew there was a couple of non stops directly but none showed when I checked for an entire month. Turns out the non stop is an Airlink flight and therefore not bookable with UA miles. I just purchased the ticket as it was fairly cheap and saved a ton of time.
You can book but it may only be possible if it's part of a number of flights.

e.g. if you search on mileage plus for FRA-SZK you can book it (where the JNB-SZK segment is airlink) on 14/12/2017.

Last edited by SvenAge; Oct 7, 17 at 3:07 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: