Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SA to drop unprofitable Asian routes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Sabasi
China is South Africa's biggest (i.e., most important) trading partner.
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Oh, vis-a-vis connections I meant the ME3, KQ and ET.

Also, even though CAN is a SkyTeam stronghold, they have a good amount of *A destinations too, with ZH and CA. Of course, should this flight ever happen I don't know when it would land, so those connections might be rendered less useful anyway.
That's the problem with the ET flight, it gets in too late to really connect to much international. I've used it before because a great deal out of CAN but had to stay overnight to catch NH in the morning. Had a friend come up on the train from Hong Kong to meet me and hang out, so it was fun anyway but not ideal if someone doesn't want to hang out in Guangzhou.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Guess CAN wouldn't work then.
SAA has decided it will work.

"South African Airways will launch direct flights between Johannesburg and Guangzhou on September 18."

Source

Johan
Old May 6, 2019, 2:57 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by johan rebel
SAA has decided it will work.

"South African Airways will launch direct flights between Johannesburg and Guangzhou on September 18."

Source

Johan
Redemption!
Old May 7, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Essentially, they are reducing HKG to 4x weekly to free up a plane for the Guangzhou at 3x weekly.
Cheetah_SA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.