Star Gold Baggage Domestic Flights

Old May 22, 19, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Star Gold Baggage Domestic Flights

I've booked a domestic (CPT-JNB) flight on SA, and I'm *Gold with my United status.

One checked bag is included in the ticket price. When looking at the checked baggage page, I see that one additional free bag is given for...

"SAA Voyager Platinum, Platinum Elect & Lifetime Platinum & SAA Gold, Gold Elect Member & Star Alliance Gold Member on SAA operated flights plus any Star Alliance – operated flights"

Does this mean that I don't get an extra free bag? I'm not connecting to another *A operated flight, which is what the "plus" implies.

My email to SA has gone unanswered, so I thought I'd ask the experts here.

Thank you!
Old May 24, 19, 3:08 am

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by LASNRT View Post
I've booked a domestic (CPT-JNB) flight on SA, and I'm *Gold with my United status.

One checked bag is included in the ticket price. When looking at the checked baggage page, I see that one additional free bag is given for...

"SAA Voyager Platinum, Platinum Elect & Lifetime Platinum & SAA Gold, Gold Elect Member & Star Alliance Gold Member on SAA operated flights plus any Star Alliance – operated flights"

Does this mean that I don't get an extra free bag? I'm not connecting to another *A operated flight, which is what the "plus" implies.

My email to SA has gone unanswered, so I thought I'd ask the experts here.

Thank you!
The way I read this is 'as well as' (SAA operated flight and also on *A operated flights), in which case you should be fine.
Having said that, the check in staff of SAA sometimes have their own mysterious ways and rules....

(emails to SAA always go unanswered, noting to worry about there)

Search this Thread