Search

SAA Voyager Certificate Purchase

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAA Platinum, ICHG Platinum
SAA Voyager Certificate Purchase

Good Day,

I am a Liftetime Platinum member with SAA and regularly let my family join me for International trips to the USA, China and Europe.

I am mostly booked in C but use my miles for the family to upgrade C. The concern is that flights to both IAD and JFK use 110 000 miles per return for upgrade.

As miles are not transferable with Voyager, do anyone know where I will be able to find members or a service to buy award certificates for the next year as I know where I will travel and on which dates? The chance for not being upgraded on flights being a Lifetime Platinum member is quite low.

Thanks, will appreciate any feedback.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:14 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
You can issue miles from your account to another traveller, simply ensure their surname is listed on the award when you issue it.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I've re-read the post a couple of times and I understand he/she is wanting to buy Voyager miles award certificates from other Voyager members which isn't allowed in terms of the program.
From experience, I don't agree the chance of not being upgraded as a lifetime platinum is low. I can't remember the last time I was upgraded from economy to business on SAA.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by gcuk
I've re-read the post a couple of times and I understand he/she is wanting to buy Voyager miles award certificates from other Voyager members which isn't allowed in terms of the program.
From experience, I don't agree the chance of not being upgraded as a lifetime platinum is low. I can't remember the last time I was upgraded from economy to business on SAA.
Ahh thanks that makes more sense. Yes the rules specifically forbid members from selling miles and or awards.

I agree you cannot assume you will get an upgrade, and the risk of travelling in Y is just too great to not ensure you are confirmed in business class before travelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.