Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > South African Airways | Voyager
Reload this Page >

SAA, have booking reference but can't find booking on flysaa.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAA, have booking reference but can't find booking on flysaa.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh
For international flights, advance seat selection is possible for all fare classes (at least used to be until recently). I don't know what the position is with 'regional' flights.

For domestic, only 'expensive' fares in Y can book seats in advance. I see to my horror that there now even are fare buckets that earn NO Voyager miles at all! (and what's worse, I am in one )
Our flights are domestic jnb - cpt - jnb, and pleb. So, you are right that we could not select seats. We are not ff of saa, but not sure if they will give us ff points for putting in QFF numbers (code share terminates end of May and we fly in April.

You are correct about being able to select seats on international flights - we could select seats on SA airline to and from Botswana, even in pleb!
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Great information here, this is why I love FlyerTalk.

Booked on AC award on SAA. Got my SAA booking reference but SAA's website was unable to locate it, despite showing up on checkmytrip.

Egyptair.com saved the day! Easy to reserve seats there ^
Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:05 am

Wow, thank you for the EgyptAir tip! Was able to access my booking from there and make seat changes.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Hmm so I had to make a change to my AC award on SAA. Booking ref did not change, flights are up to date, but EgyptAir's website is no longer giving me the option to change seats.... is this feature no longer available?

Update: Tried to get my seats reserved by direct messaging SAA's twitter account (have had success doing this with other airlines). While they didn't do it via Twitter, they arranged a phone call with an agent. An agent called me from SA, poor connection, we struggled a bit with communication but eventually she was able to make my requested seat reservations.

Wish this would just work on flysaa.com.

Last edited by AirD0c; Apr 9, 2015 at 12:36 pm
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
This is a very useful thread...I'd been wondering why my SAA and codeshare-on-United flight wouldn't show up on the SAA site or my United account page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.