Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > South African Airways | Voyager
Reload this Page >

SAA, have booking reference but can't find booking on flysaa.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2013, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SE100K

Hi,

I've made a booking on flysaa.com from FRA-JHB and return. Got booking confirmation and e-ticket send to email shortly after.

I need to make some changes to the flight but when I try to log on under "Manage My Booking" I just get "Your reservation number could not be found." - it shows up fine on checkmytrip.com.

Is this a known issue? Anyone experienced similar?
Old May 9, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 100K BA executive club, IC/platinum/RA
Originally Posted by literallyafloat
Hi,

I've made a booking on flysaa.com from FRA-JHB and return. Got booking confirmation and e-ticket send to email shortly after.

I need to make some changes to the flight but when I try to log on under "Manage My Booking" I just get "Your reservation number could not be found." - it shows up fine on checkmytrip.com.

Is this a known issue? Anyone experienced similar?
I've flown this 3 times in the last month. checkmytrip.com is for looking while a phone call to SA is the only way I know to make a change.
Old May 9, 2013, 6:55 pm

I have the same issue for my flights on SAA scheduled for early next year.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Try going to Lufthansa's site and viewing your PNR there. I've been able to do SA seating assignments through that site. However, my PNRs have had LH flight segments too.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
Based on my experience, it seems that you can only view an SAA reservation on the website if the ticket was booked through SAA. However, an easy work around is to use the Egyptair website to view your SAA reservation.

I had noticed in the past that my trips containing legs on MS and SA always had the same PNR for both airlines, but recently I tried looking up a one-way CPT-JNB flight I booked on SAA (obviously no MS legs on that ticket) and it still worked. You can select seats, add FF numbers, special meal requests or request a wheel chair. All in all, using the Egyptair site is an easy solution to avoid having to call in to SAA.
milesforhire likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: Voyager
If your ticket was booked through a travel agent, you will not be able to view or amend it on flysaa. If you booked it directly with SA though, you should have no problem, with "should have" being the key statement.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:56 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I've purchased domestic tickets for travel within South Africa via the North American portal of the SAA website and was unable to make any changes to the ticket. The itin would show but the change tickets function would not work.

I do believe that this a common problem with the website that not all tickets can be changed electronically. We used the phone call center to change.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 4:53 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
You mean you actually expect the SAA website to work....?
Has'n done so in ages, so why the change now.
As I have said in another post a while ago: SAA and IT are uncomfortable bedfellows.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: KLM Silver
Not just me then... I've been trying to register for a Voyager account and keep getting 'program.member.IndividualContactInfoCountryInvali d' despite selecting UK from a drop down list... driving me mad...

Anyone know a registration page that works?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 5:09 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by DLinYUL
Based on my experience, it seems that you can only view an SAA reservation on the website if the ticket was booked through SAA. However, an easy work around is to use the Egyptair website to view your SAA reservation.

I had noticed in the past that my trips containing legs on MS and SA always had the same PNR for both airlines, but recently I tried looking up a one-way CPT-JNB flight I booked on SAA (obviously no MS legs on that ticket) and it still worked. You can select seats, add FF numbers, special meal requests or request a wheel chair. All in all, using the Egyptair site is an easy solution to avoid having to call in to SAA.
This is terrifically useful to know - thanks! ^

I have just made a booking on SA using Avianca miles - and I am already able to access all the functionality on the MS web site. Brilliant.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by DLinYUL

Interesting! I pulled up our flight reservation with SAA, via MS website. However, I could not select seats. I think this was because SAA would not allow seat selection until T-24?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:20 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by A1pax
I think this was because SAA would not allow seat selection until T-24?
I believe this to be partially accurate, depending on the fare class purchased.

The on line check in (from valid cities) seems to be a work around. As in, check in right when the window opens to get your seat. Sounds elementary but probably many overlook it.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I believe this to be partially accurate, depending on the fare class purchased.
Agreed. Just for clarity my booking referenced above is in J and I am able to choose seats for travel more than a week away.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Agreed. Just for clarity my booking referenced above is in J and I am able to choose seats for travel more than a week away.
We are in pleb - so this is why we could not select seats. It said seat map not available.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:03 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by A1pax
We are in pleb - so this is why we could not select seats. It said seat map not available.
For international flights, advance seat selection is possible for all fare classes (at least used to be until recently). I don't know what the position is with 'regional' flights.

For domestic, only 'expensive' fares in Y can book seats in advance. I see to my horror that there now even are fare buckets that earn NO Voyager miles at all! (and what's worse, I am in one )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.