Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cape Fahn Hotel, Koh Samui

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
The Cape Fahn hotel just opened up points bookings beyond the month of October. I grabbed 4 nights starting May 31 to make up for the 4 I lost this past May! Crossing my fingers my trip this coming May/June comes to fruition as if so, I end up with 20 nights at pool villas between the Conrad, Cape Fahn and the Panviman, where my pool is huge!
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:19 am

We are considering spending the last part of our Christmas holiday at this hotel and would like to know how the shuttle is to and from the island to the "main land"? Is it just once or twice a day, or can you book it according to your own schedule?

Last edited by _ann_; Oct 25, 2021 at 8:33 am
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:52 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Booked this hotel for next year followed by the RC. Keen to try both!
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:14 am

Does anyone know if there are ever 2 separate award bookings (2 rooms) available on a single stay (
we are globalists and could get upgraded, but I guess in practice there would have to be 2 tropical villas open to rewards for the stay).
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hyatt Globalist
SLH booking gets 1 category upgrade regardless of status. I don't think you get anything extra as a globalist (at least not officially).

It seems like Hyatt website doesn't allow booking more than one room at SLH, either with points or cash? Maybe reach out to your concierge to do it.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:05 pm

Gotcha - I reached out to the concierge. I'll let you know if they allow 2 separate award room bookings.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:01 pm

Also - does anyone know about the SLH Tongsai Pool Villas? Looks like it's attached to The Tonsai Bay in Koh Samui? I don't see anything on flyertalk. Also - if anyone has stayed, how does it compare to Cape Fahn? Thanks!

https://slh.com/hotels/tongsai-pool-villas (this calls it the Tongasi Pool Villas and the video they have included describes the resort as the Tongsai Grand Villas).
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:59 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Does anyone have the GM’s email? Two emails have so far gone answered since August.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:36 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by monopod
SLH booking gets 1 category upgrade regardless of status. I don't think you get anything extra as a globalist (at least not officially).

It seems like Hyatt website doesn't allow booking more than one room at SLH, either with points or cash? Maybe reach out to your concierge to do it.
Got upgraded 2 categories when I stayed here in June. Booked the base room on Hyatt using points and got upgraded to a bay view room. I had no elite status with Hyatt fwiw. Although the property seemed pretty empty when I stayed.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I just booked 4 nights here, so I am really excited. Even though they went up to a category 5, it must be an off season for them. Rooms were 17,000 points, although none were available. Suites were 20,000 (although the lowest room they have is a suite.) I have been dying to try this hotel, and decided to check availability and was shocked to find out I could get my 4 nights for my carefully earned 80,000 points. So I get to stay 6 nights at the Conrad, 4 nights here, and 9 nights at the Panviman on Koh Phangan-all in private pool rooms! Lucky me
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I am trying to book 4 nights in May, but only 2 of them are available on points. I wouldn't mind paying cash for the other two nights as I have some credits to use, but still wondering how likely it is that more award nights become available closer to the travel date? Interestingly, the Hyatt points calendar shows that all nights in May are available for 17k, but when I want to book it I get to no availabllity message.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 1:32 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by IAHFRAGirl
I am trying to book 4 nights in May, but only 2 of them are available on points. I wouldn't mind paying cash for the other two nights as I have some credits to use, but still wondering how likely it is that more award nights become available closer to the travel date? Interestingly, the Hyatt points calendar shows that all nights in May are available for 17k, but when I want to book it I get to no availabllity message.

the points calendar only shows how many points are required, IF award rooms are available.
to my knowledge, SLH hotels are not required to offer rooms on points, even if standard rooms are available.

To be on the safe side, I‘d probably go for a cash reservation. make 2 separate reservations, 1 on points, the other cash. then you can always check if a room becomes available on points and rebook if still within the cancellation period.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's been a while, but last time I checked booking this property through Hyatt, the cash rate was something like 3x the cost of booking direct with the property.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's been a while, but last time I checked booking this property through Hyatt, the cash rate was something like 3x the cost of booking direct with the property.
Yes, I noticed the different rates in the different channels. I just did a quick check for my dates. One night is $440 on Agoda, $558 on the property website with code SAVE10, $770 on slh.com, and $855 on hyatt.com (all rates non-refundable, incl taxes, cheapest room). That's crazy!!
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:16 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
Isn't this universal from booking SLH through Hyatt, ie always much more expensive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.