Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Small Luxury Hotels (SLH)
Reload this Page >

Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) selling gift cards with 20% Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2020, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

SLH Gift Cards

Buy Now, Save More & Stay Later!

For a limited time only, enjoy an exclusive 20% extra value on all Gift Cards* to use at any of our 530 hotels across 90 countries.

Buy an SLH gift card now, either to spoil yourself or as a special treat for a loved one, family, friend or colleague and receive 20% extra on us. Plus we have now extended the validity of all gift cards so you can have 18 months to plan that special trip.

*Applicable for gift cards with value of $100 and above. Valid till 30th June 2020.

https://gifts.slh.com/occasion

Wondering if you earn WOH credit when paying with these? I know you earn Elite Nights and Base Points when paying with a Hyatt Gift Card.

Also can only be used at SLH cannot he used at Hyatt properties.
Old May 19, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Surprised that gift cards have an expiration date.

The regular Hyatt gift cards don't. Also, not legal to have them expire if bought in California.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: Globallist
Talking

Old May 19, 2020, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
Surprised that gift cards have an expiration date.

The regular Hyatt gift cards don't. Also, not legal to have them expire if bought in California.
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
Hyatt Gift Cards aren’t valid at all properties though. Only valid in North and South America for Hyatt while these work worldwide.

The expiration is likely due to mainly being international properties, 18 months isn’t bad though.

I would say if you’re a CA resident or plan to use it in CA you could reach out to their customer service after expiration and let them know. It’s a pretty small portion of people but I’d guess they have something in place for that situation.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
From Q&A:
Any redemption made at a SLH hotel in a different currency than that stated on SLH Gift Card will be converted into the local currency at the hotel’s official exchange rate of the day.
This is a concern but the hotel I just used a gift card only charged me 1% above inter-bank rates so very reasonable
Old May 29, 2020, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Can you charge these to the room so as to get points toward lifetime status?
Old May 29, 2020, 4:12 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Can you charge these to the room so as to get points toward lifetime status?
No, for so many reasons ...
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:54 pm

Does anyone know if you bought an slh giftcard w a hyatt visa would you get the bonus hyatt points like as if you used the card at a hotel?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cevawn
Does anyone know if you bought an slh giftcard w a hyatt visa would you get the bonus hyatt points like as if you used the card at a hotel?
I don’t believe so, no. Sorry.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by cevawn
The purchase of gift cards is coded as "Paypal SLH" so I cannot imagine you would get Hyatt bonus points. However if you pay with Chase Sapphire Reserve it's coded as Travel so you will get 3x not 1x.
cevawn likes this.

Last edited by escape4; Jun 18, 2020 at 1:42 am
Old Jun 20, 2020, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by charlieKy
Where can I find the list of the hotels?
https://slh.com/discover-destinations
Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:55 am

It would be beneficial if they would add a map feature to their destinations page. Or maybe I just couldn't find it.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by xooz
It would be beneficial if they would add a map feature to their destinations page. Or maybe I just couldn't find it.
You have to choose the destination first, then choose "View hotels now", it will show the options with/without map.

Or you can use Hyatt's map, but then it will only shows SLH properties that participate in WOH.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
You have to choose the destination first, then choose "View hotels now", it will show the options with/without map.

Or you can use Hyatt's map, but then it will only shows SLH properties that participate in WOH.
Thanks!! That helps..
Old Nov 14, 2020, 5:06 pm

Does someone know if a flexible reservation booked on Hyatt.com can be paid with SLH gift cards at check-out? Or those gift cards are exclusively for bookings on SLH.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.