FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/small-luxury-hotels-slh-772/)
-   -   Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) selling gift cards with 20% Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/small-luxury-hotels-slh/2017753-small-luxury-hotels-slh-selling-gift-cards-20-bonus.html)

Matt4200 May 14, 2020 6:05 pm

Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) selling gift cards with 20% Bonus

SLH Gift Cards

Buy Now, Save More & Stay Later!

For a limited time only, enjoy an exclusive 20% extra value on all Gift Cards* to use at any of our 530 hotels across 90 countries.

Buy an SLH gift card now, either to spoil yourself or as a special treat for a loved one, family, friend or colleague and receive 20% extra on us. Plus we have now extended the validity of all gift cards so you can have 18 months to plan that special trip.

*Applicable for gift cards with value of $100 and above. Valid till 30th June 2020.

https://gifts.slh.com/occasion

Wondering if you earn WOH credit when paying with these? I know you earn Elite Nights and Base Points when paying with a Hyatt Gift Card.

Also can only be used at SLH cannot he used at Hyatt properties.

beachfan May 19, 2020 10:53 am

Surprised that gift cards have an expiration date.

The regular Hyatt gift cards don't. Also, not legal to have them expire if bought in California.

creativeguess1 May 19, 2020 4:58 pm

:tu::tu::tu::tu::tu:

Matt4200 May 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 32388021)
Surprised that gift cards have an expiration date.

The regular Hyatt gift cards don't. Also, not legal to have them expire if bought in California.

Originally Posted by creativeguess1 (Post 32388860)
:tu::tu::tu::tu::tu:

Hyatt Gift Cards aren’t valid at all properties though. Only valid in North and South America for Hyatt while these work worldwide.

The expiration is likely due to mainly being international properties, 18 months isn’t bad though.

I would say if you’re a CA resident or plan to use it in CA you could reach out to their customer service after expiration and let them know. It’s a pretty small portion of people but I’d guess they have something in place for that situation.

escape4 May 27, 2020 11:05 pm

From Q&A:

Any redemption made at a SLH hotel in a different currency than that stated on SLH Gift Card will be converted into the local currency at the hotel’s official exchange rate of the day.
This is a concern but the hotel I just used a gift card only charged me 1% above inter-bank rates so very reasonable

toomanybooks May 29, 2020 2:53 pm

Can you charge these to the room so as to get points toward lifetime status?

skj May 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 32414139)
Can you charge these to the room so as to get points toward lifetime status?

No, for so many reasons ...

cevawn Jun 11, 2020 3:54 pm

Does anyone know if you bought an slh giftcard w a hyatt visa would you get the bonus hyatt points like as if you used the card at a hotel?

TSTraveler Jun 11, 2020 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by cevawn (Post 32449174)
Does anyone know if you bought an slh giftcard w a hyatt visa would you get the bonus hyatt points like as if you used the card at a hotel?

I don’t believe so, no. Sorry.

escape4 Jun 13, 2020 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by cevawn (Post 32449174)

The purchase of gift cards is coded as "Paypal SLH" so I cannot imagine you would get Hyatt bonus points. However if you pay with Chase Sapphire Reserve it's coded as Travel so you will get 3x not 1x.

escape4 Jun 20, 2020 5:34 am

Originally Posted by charlieKy (Post 32468406)
Where can I find the list of the hotels?

https://slh.com/discover-destinations

xooz Jun 20, 2020 7:55 am

It would be beneficial if they would add a map feature to their destinations page. Or maybe I just couldn't find it.

PG.backpacker Jun 20, 2020 8:05 am

Originally Posted by xooz (Post 32471428)
It would be beneficial if they would add a map feature to their destinations page. Or maybe I just couldn't find it.

You have to choose the destination first, then choose "View hotels now", it will show the options with/without map.

Or you can use Hyatt's map, but then it will only shows SLH properties that participate in WOH.

xooz Jun 20, 2020 8:16 am

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker (Post 32471440)
You have to choose the destination first, then choose "View hotels now", it will show the options with/without map.

Or you can use Hyatt's map, but then it will only shows SLH properties that participate in WOH.

Thanks!! That helps..

escape4 Nov 14, 2020 5:06 pm

Does someone know if a flexible reservation booked on Hyatt.com can be paid with SLH gift cards at check-out? Or those gift cards are exclusively for bookings on SLH.com?