Help with Delta lounge in Athens

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level

I'm flying to Athens on a DL flight and will have a layover there so I am trying to get information on the lounge DL uses in Athens. The Athens airport website indicates that the lounge is the Alitalia lounge but I could not find any information on the lounge. I tried to find out information on this lounge by going to the SkyTeam website and the Alitalia website but was unsucessful (probably not looking in the right place). Specifically I am interested in knowing if showers are available in this lounge and do I have to have a special invite to use the lounge or is my boarding pass and DL PT medallion card sufficient?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:25 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi STBCypriot,

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
I tried to find out information on this lounge by going to the SkyTeam website and the Alitalia website but was unsucessful (probably not looking in the right place). Specifically I am interested in knowing if showers are available in this lounge and do I have to have a special invite to use the lounge or is my boarding pass and DL PT medallion card sufficient?
According to the AF website, the lounge does not have showers. As for access, are you continuing on on a Skyteam flight? If so, access should be easy. If not, you may want to ask DL if they issue arrival lounge invitations or so.

Lounge Guide also confirms the lack of showers: http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/At...natello_Lounge

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Last edited by GenevaFlyer; Jun 23, 2009 at 1:27 am Reason: Added lounge guide info
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:01 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I'm flying to Athens on a DL flight and will have a layover there so I am trying to get information on the lounge DL uses in Athens. The Athens airport website indicates that the lounge is the Alitalia lounge but I could not find any information on the lounge. I tried to find out information on this lounge by going to the SkyTeam website and the Alitalia website but was unsucessful (probably not looking in the right place). Specifically I am interested in knowing if showers are available in this lounge and do I have to have a special invite to use the lounge or is my boarding pass and DL PT medallion card sufficient?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Unless I am mistaken, there are no arrivals facilities for flights into Athens. The lounge you will be able to use really depends on the flight you will be continuing your journey on, unless DL issues you a pass to a lounge.

You should note that there is a strict separation in ATH between arriving & departing passengers, as well as between Schengen & non-Schengen departures.

In the Schengen departures area, you have the following lounges, IIRC:
- AZ
- LH
- OA (serves as Priority Pass lounge)
- A3
- Goldair Handling (serves as Priority Pass lounge)

In the non-Schengen departures area:
- OA (serves as Priority Pass lounge)
- BA
- Swissport (serves as Priority Pass lounge and for departures of DL-operated flights)

I've been to all these lounges except the Swissport one. The best ones are the OA lounges if you can get access. I don't believe there are showers in the AZ, LH, A3, Goldair lounges. According to the OA web site, there are showers in their lounges, but I didn't use them.

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 23, 2009 at 2:10 am
Old Jun 23, 2009, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Thanks for the info.

I am continuing on to Cyprus on Aegean airlines. It is a separate ticket from the DL ticket.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks for the info.

I am continuing on to Cyprus on Aegean airlines. It is a separate ticket from the DL ticket.
Unless you are flying in BizE and DL offers arrival facilities you'll get nothing in terms of lounge access I believe.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can confirm that, even after the recent refurbishment (completed around February I think), the A3 lounge doesn't have showers.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:07 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
In any case, I think A3 flights to Cyprus depart from the non-Schengen departures area, so no access to the A3 lounge . Priority Pass for access to the OA lounge in the non-Schengen area would be the best option. I don't think the Sofitel has cheap day rates.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Update

In case anyone is interested, I was able to use the Alitalia lounge after arriving in ATH. I just shoed them my arriving boarding pass and PM card and they werevery kind. You do have to allow 20 minutes to get from the lounge to the Aegean gates and you do have to stop for immigration, which took aout 30 seconds. There are no showers in this lounge, but they do have free wifi.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: DL DM, UA PP, Hyatt DM, Marriott SE, SPG Gold
Swissport lounge for DL pax is also before you go thru security, which is a bit of a buzzkill. I didn't use it for that reason, though I wished I had since you wait in a cattle pen for your flight otherwise.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by DLAtlPdx
Swissport lounge for DL pax is also before you go thru security, which is a bit of a buzzkill. I didn't use it for that reason, though I wished I had since you wait in a cattle pen for your flight otherwise.
All non-Schengen lounges in ATH are after immigration and before security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.