Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern Confirmed Joining Skyteam

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Plat
China Eastern Confirmed Joining Skyteam

China Eastern's CEO, Liu Shaoyong, confirmed today in media press that MU will join Skyteam. News in Chinese: http://news.carnoc.com/list/131/131755.html

Liu is the formor CEO of China Southern. This might be the reason MU choose Skyteam.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by 300D
China Eastern's CEO, Liu Shaoyong, confirmed today in media press that MU will join Skyteam. News in Chinese: http://news.carnoc.com/list/131/131755.html

Liu is the formor CEO of China Southern. This might be the reason MU choose Skyteam.
Even though its a bit obscure for myself, this is great news, the more members the better at this point, when Star is taking pretty much everyone.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:44 am

any idea of timing...

Last edited by sniles; Apr 23, 2009 at 12:57 am
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:48 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
So they will probably exit Asia Miles? Wonder if there will ever be a OneWorld carrier flying between China and Korea?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:13 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
So, SkyTeam will have both China Southern & China Eastern ? Looks like a pretty good move.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 3:27 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Liu merely indicated their intention to join SkyTeam. It has hardly been confirmed. I hope they don't drag FM out of Star in case the merger goes ahead.

http://atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=16370
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:47 am

Last nail in ST's coffin.

AF is a disgrace, KLM the nice guys with the tied up hands, CZ the less worse of the big 3 chinese airlines, SU alltough I personally enjoy it is a regular horror story maker. And now to complete the "team" they invite MU. Are ST folks nuts? MU is by far the worse airline in the universe.

Long delays that often end in riots, indifferent crews, appalling ground service, financially broke, incapable of crediting miles to their partner FFP (CI), and a long etc.

Comm'on guys!!

Seriously the only decent airline in ST is KE and I wonder how long they will stay.

I don't doubt CI, MH, GA are thinking twice before getting into ST, with such a winning team of partners its a recipe for disaster.

Definitelly after the FB improvements and with MU knocking the door I better use my FB Platinum for scrapping the ice off my car.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:10 pm

I actually think it's the end for OW. They don't have a big Chinese partner and hey desperately need one.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
I won't be surprised to see a 4th alliance forming up with all these airlines floating around the globe.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:01 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
I actually think it's the end for OW. They don't have a big Chinese partner and hey desperately need one.
Dragonair is one of the best airlines globally, IMHO. But of course they would need rights to fly Chinese domestic flights.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by mosburger
Dragonair is one of the best airlines globally, IMHO. But of course they would need rights to fly Chinese domestic flights.
Long Live KA!!!!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 2:00 am

That's what I meant. KA is a great carrier. HKG is a great airport. But mainland China has a bigger market potential than Hong Kong.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 3:12 am

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
Originally Posted by sebastravel
Seriously the only decent airline in ST is KE and I wonder how long they will stay.
Well I think that they are staying they show off their logo with the ST everywhere! They're proud to be in ST due to being a founder.

Has there been a date for China Eastern to join? cause VN is expected to join next year (2010), or they might both join on the same day!!!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:50 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG... No one join OW in China? Can't be....
Old Apr 28, 2009, 1:26 am

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by soorox
Has there been a date for China Eastern to join?
considering that Skyteam has not even confirmed the rumour I think it is a bit soon to talk about joining dates - I cant read Chinese so I cannot comment on the OPs link but all the info that I have read in English only confirms that MU have said they would like to join Skyteam , not that they have been accepted .... anyone can say that they would like to join XYZ alliance , but it doesnt mean anything until XYZ alliance confirms it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.