Wiki Posts
Search

Asia Pass - recent experience

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus
Asia Pass - recent experience

I am in the process of booking a rather complicated itenerary: GMP-CJU-PUS-PEK-HKG-CAN-SYD-ICN (Seould-Jeju-Busan-Beijing-Hong Kong-Sydney-Seoul). The whole idea look ideal for Asia Pass, but here comes the but:

No one knows how to issue it. Talked to Aeroflot call center - they have no idea. Talked to Aeroflot office on the ground - they tried, but had great trouble. They are using a Sabre system which looks quiete advanced, but are not too familiar with it and sometimes have trouble booking their own one-leg flights, not to mention complicated Asia Pass bookings. So I gave up on them.

An independent travel agent took up the task. He said it was hell complicated to find out how to book it, he called KLM, Air France, Aeroflot and even Czech Airlines - no one knew. Then he somehow found out. Now - he managed to book the legs starting from Busan and further. But with the first two legs - he says there is no availability in the right class.

Sounds strange since there are plenty of national Korean Air flights on those routes. And those are the specific flights I was supposed to get 100 USD discount for. He suggests buying those separately and going agead with the segments he managed to book. He didn't give the price yet, though.

And still no idea as to whether one segment means boarding the plane, or one destination. Like in my case HKG-CAN-SYD - the only reason to go to CAN - Guanjou - is for changing planes - this is China Southern's base airport.

Anybody thinks me or the travel agent doing anything wrong?

Appreciate replies.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

The definition of "segment" for the pass is an enplanement. So you do need two for a connection. As for the correct fare class issue the pass requires booking into a specific fare bucket on the flights. They may actually not be available. You can try checking seatcounter.com to see. I forget exactly which bucket they book in to for KE but a quick search here should turn that info up.

Also, my understanding is that the pass has to be issued in conjunction with an intercontinental flight into the region. So it would not be available if you lived there and are just planning a regional trip.

Your troubles in issuing the ticket sound familiar. They don't issue many because they are rarely a good deal so the agents never learn about them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.