FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia Pass - recent experience
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:43 am
BRU-Flyer

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus
Asia Pass - recent experience

I am in the process of booking a rather complicated itenerary: GMP-CJU-PUS-PEK-HKG-CAN-SYD-ICN (Seould-Jeju-Busan-Beijing-Hong Kong-Sydney-Seoul). The whole idea look ideal for Asia Pass, but here comes the but:

No one knows how to issue it. Talked to Aeroflot call center - they have no idea. Talked to Aeroflot office on the ground - they tried, but had great trouble. They are using a Sabre system which looks quiete advanced, but are not too familiar with it and sometimes have trouble booking their own one-leg flights, not to mention complicated Asia Pass bookings. So I gave up on them.

An independent travel agent took up the task. He said it was hell complicated to find out how to book it, he called KLM, Air France, Aeroflot and even Czech Airlines - no one knew. Then he somehow found out. Now - he managed to book the legs starting from Busan and further. But with the first two legs - he says there is no availability in the right class.

Sounds strange since there are plenty of national Korean Air flights on those routes. And those are the specific flights I was supposed to get 100 USD discount for. He suggests buying those separately and going agead with the segments he managed to book. He didn't give the price yet, though.

And still no idea as to whether one segment means boarding the plane, or one destination. Like in my case HKG-CAN-SYD - the only reason to go to CAN - Guanjou - is for changing planes - this is China Southern's base airport.

Anybody thinks me or the travel agent doing anything wrong?

Appreciate replies.