Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1st class is best to Taiwan?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club-Platinum, USAir-Gold, Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold,
Hmmmm, decisions, decisions. So then, how do MH's seats compare to the CI LAX-TPE seats (for either 1st or Biz class)?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
And you gain a lot of hours in domestic F ... probably not a big deal on the outbound since you take the domestic F first, but I believe it will be a huge let down after the CI TPE-LAX flight.

I would stick to the JFK-ANC-TPE option or mix it up (i.e. JFK-LAX-TPE-ANC-JFK) to avoid what I allude to above.

Originally Posted by dvs7310
I'd personally take the 744C CI flight from LAX if it were available because of the new seats though you loose a few hours in international F compared to the JFK route...
Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Understood. At this point I certainly have a lot to think about.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Mannequin
Hmmmm, decisions, decisions. So then, how do MH's seats compare to the CI LAX-TPE seats (for either 1st or Biz class)?
Double check on seatguru for MH's seats on the A/C for your route but in general MH seats would be far superior to CI's seats in both cabins. I'm not 100% sure you can book F on MH.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Double check on seatguru for MH's seats on the A/C for your route but in general MH seats would be far superior to CI's seats in both cabins. I'm not 100% sure you can book F on MH.
Do note that MH only flies KUL-TPE-LAX on a 3 weekly basis, so you will have to adjust your schedule accordingly.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:08 am

Add some pictures and my thoughts for your reference. Hope it's not too late.

JFK-ANC-TPE v.v. (Three weekly flights) usually operates by old 744, which means you will have sleeper style F.

I personally don't hate sleeper style seat because it still can be 180 degree flat bed. Also, the seat is very soft. But, the IFE system is lame for sure. If you don't care about IFE, you will be fine.

LAX-TPE v.v. (Two daily flights) majorly operated by new 744, which means you will have suite style F.

I love this one. No one says "excuse me" to you, or you don't need to say "excuse me" to your seatmate when intending to use restroom. You have your own space. The IFE is good. 15" PTV with AVOD system. AC power is also available.

Business Class on old 744 is not that bad but definetely outdated.
http://www.china-airlines.com/en/check/service-4-02.htm
Btw, the old style C is very soft. Although the seat relining only has 130 degrees, I feel it really treats me well on long-haul flight.

Business Class on new 744 just simply makes me LOL even CI has remodified them to 60" seat pitch with 140 degree reclining. (It's the same seat, but originally only have 48" seat pitch with 120 degree reclining.)
http://www.china-airlines.com/en/che...ice-4-02_b.htm
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info, and also for the very helpful photos! Good to know about the limited flights per week on CI. Btw, it wasn't too late. I still have to confirm with one of my friends if he's going or not, so I'll know whether I'll need to book one ticket or two; and if two, I'll need those bonus miles that Delta owes me in order to book the second ticket. That's a whole other story that really ticks me off. I started a thread about that a couple of weeks ago but no one else seemed to be having the same problem, so I'll leave it at that.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 2:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Mannequin
Thanks for all the info, and also for the very helpful photos! Good to know about the limited flights per week on CI. Btw, it wasn't too late.

That's limited on MH, plenty of flights per week on CI
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Ah, got it. Merci

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.