Wiki Posts
Search

New airlines for SkyTeam

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by respectable_man
As I recall, AF/KL did not submit a binding offer. Anyways.... I agree that it will go to whomever buys it.
Yes, but as this was (supposedly) a scheduled bidding process, it might mean that they missed their chance. However, Lufthansa might be having cold feet (or at least be looking to sweeten the pot), which might cause the privatization deadline to be extended and let AF/KL back in. I wouldn't guarantee, though, that the same problems that scared off AF/KL in the first place won't rear up again - namely, that AUA is a loss-making airline loaded with debt.

Originally Posted by respectable_man
Isn't SK also partly owned by LH?
Nope. 50% is owned by the Scandinavian governments and the rest is publicly traded.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by pbarnette
I wouldn't guarantee, though, that the same problems that scared off AF/KL in the first place won't rear up again - namely, that AUA is a loss-making airline loaded with debt.
I can't imagine a scenario under which AZ comes out as less scary than AUA. At the very least Austrians as a people aren't prone to random strikes.
Originally Posted by pbarnette
50% is owned by the Scandinavian governments and the rest is publicly traded.
Thanx for correcting my incorrect perception.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Silver
Air France Wants Back Into Austrian Air Sale

"Air France-KLM has signaled it wants to get back into the bidding race for Austrian Airlines, but has not made an offer, a source in the state holding company said on Friday."

source article here
Old Nov 8, 2008, 12:48 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
What SkyTeam should do is make Hawaiian Airlines a full partner and TRY to get Emirates, and GOL.

Also 'we' should be able to plan and purchase our trips on Skyteam.com ^

And what about each of the SkyTeam partners paint one of their aircrafts saying "SkyTeam" something like what S* does.

To see a NW DC-9 ..soon to be DL DC-9... maybe a 'SkyTeam DC-9'

-BondAir007
Old Nov 8, 2008, 1:25 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah ST needs to have some premium airlines, not just whomever they can get...

EK or any of the newer middle east airlines, Alaska, Hawaiian, Gol or some of the better Indian airlines, plus a good SE Asian airline (Malaysian) is a MUST for ST to stay competitive....totally losing compared to *A esp with CO leaving...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.