Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access at LAX for arrivals?? Delta Crown Room Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2008, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access at LAX for arrivals?? Delta Crown Room Terminal 5

I've got a business class ticket on Air France from CDG to LAX which arrives into terminal 5. I then have a 4 hour layover in which I transfer to terminal 1 to fly on a separate first class ticket on US Airways. So my question is, does the Delta Crown Room (an AF partner) allow you to use the lounge when you are arriving on a business class ticket? Or can you only use it pre-departure? I'd like to just stay in terminal 5 for a few hours then head over to terminal 1, rather than hang around in 1 for 4 hours. At worst case I have a couple passes to the US Airways club in terminal 1, but I'd rather not use those if I don't have to. I sent an email to Delta asking the same question but havent' heard back. Any thoughts?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
No explicit arrival lounge benefit on Skyteam ... certain carriers (e.g. AF) have dedicated arrival lounges. If you were on a domestic DL flight you'd be o.k., but US Air will be an issue. You can still try, but I'd give it a 10% chance.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You should have access to a lounge on arrival. The big issue is access through security. I've used the CO PCs on arrival rather than (or in addition to) on departure many times and that has never been an issue. I don't know if AF has a concierge type role that can help you arrange for access/gate pass after you land but that's where I'd start.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by yviebee
I've got a business class ticket on Air France from CDG to LAX which arrives into terminal 5.
Are you sure that AF CDG-LAX will arrive into Terminal 5? I believe that all CDG-LAX nonstops on AF still arrive into and depart from Terminal 2 (since T2 has its own immigration/customs facilities), in which case it would be a hassle to try to use the DL CRC at T5.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Are you sure that AF CDG-LAX will arrive into Terminal 5? I believe that all CDG-LAX nonstops on AF still arrive into and depart from Terminal 2 (since T2 has its own immigration/customs facilities), in which case it would be a hassle to try to use the DL CRC at T5.
My most recent AF flights have been out of Terminal 2. Business Class pax have access to the NW Lounge. US departs out of Terminal 1, so it's just a short walk.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obscure2k
My most recent AF flights have been out of Terminal 2. Business Class pax have access to the NW Lounge. US departs out of Terminal 1, so it's just a short walk.
You know this is so confusing! I looked on LAX's website and it says T2, then the world airport guide says it's T5. I have to call and double check.

So, if it is in T2, when we get off the plane will we be shuttled right into the customs area? Or can we use the lounge and go through customs a couple hours later? How is the NW lounge, is it any good?

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by yviebee
You know this is so confusing! I looked on LAX's website and it says T2, then the world airport guide says it's T5. I have to call and double check.

So, if it is in T2, when we get off the plane will we be shuttled right into the customs area? Or can we use the lounge and go through customs a couple hours later? How is the NW lounge, is it any good?

Thanks for your help!
All arrivals in the USA from overseas immediately clear immigration and customs. There is no air-side transit.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, CO Gold, AF
AF arrival lounge LAX

All AF flights arrive at T2 at LAX. Once you clear customs and immigration you will be outside the terminal and directly opposite T5. You can walk (a bit of a hike), or take a free shuttle that circles the airport. Take the shuttle. There is no dedicated arrival lounge at T2, but I have had some luck using the DL Crown room at T5. Be nice and look sharp. It might help.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have had a lot of trouble with the DL club in LAX even on a DL-issued C-class ticket! I came in on AM in C and they claimed I needed an invitation to use the lounge Anyway, I was tired and just showed my PE card, which got me in. Curious to see if they let you in departing on a *A carrier ... let us know.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:57 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah hard to say if you have lounge access technically. The problem is that you won't be able to get into the terminals since you depart out of T1. DL loung is in T5 CO in T6 and NW/AF in T2. None of them are interconnected. You're best bet is to go to the bar at the Skybar in the thing in the middle of all the terminals. From T2 to T1 you can take the shuttle or if you do'nt have much stuff, it's a quick faster and comfy walk....
Old Sep 22, 2008, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
You're best bet is to go to the bar at the Skybar in the thing in the middle of all the terminals. .
Sorry for my ignorance, I've never flown through LAX, but what is the Skybar? Is that a lounge?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:53 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
http://www.encounterlax.com/

Or a quick taxi to Manhattan or Vinice beach or the In & Out for a good burger would be more worthwhile as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.