China Southern vs DL, NW, KE TPAC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Southern vs DL, NW, KE TPAC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Im probably going to Shanghai in July from DC. Im looking at either CO or KE in Y or NY in J, then returning NW in J, since this is all that seems to be available.

It sounds like KE is best for Y? I saw on their website they are advertising the new 777 used on IAD-ICN.

How are the NW 744s? I have never flown on a 747 before, and I would really love to try the upper deck. The seats in J are 176 degree recline right? Its still slanted though, right?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by kahuna613
Im probably going to Shanghai in July from DC. Im looking at either CO or KE in Y or NY in J, then returning NW in J, since this is all that seems to be available.

It sounds like KE is best for Y? I saw on their website they are advertising the new 777 used on IAD-ICN.

How are the NW 744s? I have never flown on a 747 before, and I would really love to try the upper deck. The seats in J are 176 degree recline right? Its still slanted though, right?
This probably should be in its own thread since it doesn't really relate to this one... but anyway,

NW in J is good and yes the seats are 176 degree angled lie flat. The upper deck is a nice experience as there aren't very many other passengers up there and you get more personalized service.

I would probably agree that KW would be best of the bunch in Y... the seats and AVOD are new and they have the most legroom in coach for the Skyteam carriers going transpac. CO would do the trick but the seats are far more cramped in Y and even the J seats aren't nearly as nice as KE's newer seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.