Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Is HKG considered international or domestic (from cn)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is HKG considered international or domestic (from cn)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2008, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by graraps
I didn't know there was a bus from Hung Hom to HKG.
Trouble is that I'm not in G-Z. I am in Clifford Estates, a suburb of Panyu, which means having to carry my things to the city centre before being able to catch the train. The taxi ride to the city costs over 100 RMB. I don't really mind paying that but the question is that, given the HKG airport bus is direct from the estate bus station (to which I can easily walk, even with my stuff), is the taxi+train+bus option less hassle than negotiating the border?
What would you do?
Since you're in Panyu I can see where going to the East Train Station isn't the most convenient thing to do. 100 or so rmb for the taxi isn't bad, would be a lot cheaper than getting out to the new airport. (If you do go to the airport, the shuttle bus from the main train station isn't bad at all)

Personally I'd still take the train. I've done the land border twice and on the China side it has been a complete zoo both times. I vowed never ever to do it again after that when the entrance procedures at the train stations are so smooth on both ends.

If you take the train to Kowloon the bus you want from Hung Hom is A21. Its 33 hkg one way.
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/bus.html

I'm sure the temptation is to just take the HKG airport bus from Panyu, if you do make sure you allow plenty of time. Its easy to spend 2 hrs at the border not including travel time. My ex nearly always did the bus if I wasn't with her, she wouldn't spend the extra money on the train, she always complained later about how much time she spent at the border crossing doing immigration/customs. I wish you the best of luck if you go that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.