Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Master thread to document China Southern's entry (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread to document China Southern's entry (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2007, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by apoivre
But does it still say "Miles earned on CZ will not count for the validation of your level"? It did on KLM pages a few minutes ago (note that AF and KL pages are different) so it's still definitely the old text.

Incidentally, DL updated their earning table. Now it says classes M and G will only earn 40% - do I take it lower classes that are not specifically excluded will still get full miles?
Not surprisingly, CO hasn't moved CZ into the SkyTeam section of their partner page yet. And M/G are 40% there as well. There is the fine print that states:
Originally Posted by CO.O.L
* A minimum 500 base miles or 100% of actual flown miles, whichever is greater, will be earned for all fare classes excluding G and M.
I don't know how many fare buckets they actually use, but it is interesting to see the limitations spelled out so as to leave the earning open to newly added buckets versus the traditional nothing unless otherwise specified approach.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 4:53 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
But does it still say "Miles earned on CZ will not count for the validation of your level"? It did on KLM pages a few minutes ago (note that AF and KL pages are different) so it's still definitely the old text.
No, it does not. But then again the AF site does not have that kind of wording for any partner. It has a separate page altogether for SkyTeam partners so it is expected (also as mentioned on the page about the different levels) that ALL SkyTeam flights earn qualifying miles.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by nomad1974
No, it does not. But then again the AF site does not have that kind of wording for any partner. It has a separate page altogether for SkyTeam partners so it is expected (also as mentioned on the page about the different levels) that ALL SkyTeam flights earn qualifying miles.
As of right now, the KL page says those miles will count for level but continues to spell out the old booking codes. If they have no intention to change those, it is indeed pathetic.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 7:16 am

Programs: nwaworldperks gold, cathay pacific asia miles, bangkok airways
Cz December Sale-- Great Sale Here On Cz Website. Almost All Of Intra South China At Y160 Ow. I Booked Dec 11-29 Rt Nng-can At Y570 Including All Taxes And Contruction Fees. They Are Advertising At 70percent Discount. Now To See If They Can Get Me Into Their Reporting System.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 9:10 pm

good luck, i still have trouble with agents in can and that is home training base. when i ask for something here in nng they say "wo ting bu dong" meaning i dont know. I also booked with them dec 11 to can so will be interesting to see what happens as that is first leg of flites to nrt and mco on dec. 12. good luck.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:17 am

http://www.csair.com/en/
this link is working today but these prices are about double what you
can get from online or local ta
Old Dec 7, 2007, 4:17 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Flew on Nov 18 Guilin-Kunming (60% discount 760 Yuan).

The airport was plastered with announcements about CZ joining Skyteam - however, of course, the Check-in agent had never heard of Skyteam and didn't recognise my Platinum (Elite Plus) card and refused to give me the extra luggage allowance. Then she had absolutely no problem with me taking a 16kg bag on board as hand luggage....

The ABSOLUTELY AMAZING thing is that the mile posted correctly, automatically three days later. And yes, they posted as qualifing miles and a qualifying flight with the Elite bonus.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by jsfr
Flew on Nov 18 Guilin-Kunming (60% discount 760 Yuan).

The ABSOLUTELY AMAZING thing is that the mile posted correctly, automatically three days later. And yes, they posted as qualifing miles and a qualifying flight with the Elite bonus.
According to yoee.com, Y760 is 10% discount (that is, it's 90% of Y fare). But even this booking code is excluded from earning miles with FB. So it's either Flying Blue actually gives out miles for more booking codes than they claim to (generous by nature... yeah, right ) or CZ staff/system checks everyone in as Y (as used to be the case with QR fares posting to Miles and More in the first months of their partnership). Good news, either way

P.S. I assume you're talking about FB here, looking at your affiliation in the profile
Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jsfr
the Check-in agent had never heard of Skyteam and didn't recognise my Platinum (Elite Plus) card and refused to give me the extra luggage allowance.
Extra luggage allowance is not an ST E or E+ benefit. There may be some individual rules between partner ailines, but as a DL Plat I get no extra allowance on any ST flights except DL.

You do, however get a priority baggage tag to ensure it's one of the last on the carousel
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:28 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
According to yoee.com, Y760 is 10% discount (that is, it's 90% of Y fare). But even this booking code is excluded from earning miles with FB. So it's either Flying Blue actually gives out miles for more booking codes than they claim to (generous by nature... yeah, right ) or CZ staff/system checks everyone in as Y (as used to be the case with QR fares posting to Miles and More in the first months of their partnership). Good news, either way

P.S. I assume you're talking about FB here, looking at your affiliation in the profile
Yes indeed!
Which is why I was expecting the extra luggage allowance listed on their site. I still got from A to B with only 2 hours delay.....
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:50 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
the extra luggage perk was even already available BEFORE CZ entered Skyteam for AF/KL card holders. Usually works in PEK but talking about a rural airport, don't expect much from ground staff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.