Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KE Biz Class vs NW WBC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
KE Biz Class vs NW WBC

Can someone directly compare (from recent experience) the inflight service and seat/IFE between KE's (new) intercontinental Business Class (not Int'l FC) and NW's World Business Class?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:20 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

The seats are both lie-flat at an angle, and are quite comparable. I don't like NW's headrests, so a slight advantage for KE. In terms of service, I usually prefer KE (younger, more attentive crews). KE food is of high quality, and you're likely to get your (Western) choice, as most Koreans will order the Korean dish. NW's catering ex-US is variable, but excellent ex-NRT. Almost a tie, in my opinion, and what usually pushes me toward KE is the ridiculous NW "security" interview -- KE has no such thing.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 4:13 am

I prefer KE's product for similar reasons, onboard service and easier boarding being foremost.

The seats are both variations of the B/E Minipod with different trims. NW gets the nod here as it has relatively fewer middle seats, whether comparing NW's 332 (2-2-2) with KE's 772 (2-3-2), or the respective 744 (KE's nose section housing FC).
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Is the Upper Deck on 744's Economy as on some carriers, or Business Class?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:46 am

Upper deck is business class on almost all KE 744's. I suppose the high density configuration with an economy UD is used on holiday destinations such as Guam etc.

Seat maps are here: http://www.koreanair.com/local/kr/gd...f/au_of_01.htm
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
Originally Posted by monahos
Upper deck is business class on almost all KE 744's. I suppose the high density configuration with an economy UD is used on holiday destinations such as Guam etc.
That's funny!

My dad is a Vietnam vet. I mentioned that Guam might be a nice island getaway some time ago. His reply was that you didn't want to go to Guam. People who were "in country" and contracted some strange illness, like lepracy, were not sent home. They were sent to Guam! That makes me want to go walk barefoot on the beach...in Waikiki...
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elmococker
That's funny!

My dad is a Vietnam vet. I mentioned that Guam might be a nice island getaway some time ago. His reply was that you didn't want to go to Guam. People who were "in country" and contracted some strange illness, like lepracy, were not sent home. They were sent to Guam! That makes me want to go walk barefoot on the beach...in Waikiki...
Most large US hotel companies have a resort property on the main beach there, and there are a few major Japanese hotels there, too. It looks a perfectly beautiful place to me...

There is a large US military presence there - maybe these people were sent to a military hospital there(??).
Old Dec 11, 2007, 1:01 am

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
I prefer KE especially for US-Asia flights where they have the new seats. During my last flight the flight attendants remarkably changed outfits three times- not sure if this was an isolated incident. Flying between Seoul and Honolulu however they use the old seats- although I would pick them over NW any day.

As for Guam it's boring- there is really nothing to do except take the trolley between Micdronesia Mall and Kmart... I think it's a destination for Japanese on incentive trips or when they only have 3 days vacation. Guam has been promoted in China so there's an influx of Chinese on vacation packages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.