Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Combining Skyteam Mileage to One Carrier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2007, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I have mileage in both Continental Airlines and Korean Air. Is there a way to take the mileage from one and transfer it to just one of them? Or is it possible to use the mileage from any Skyteam parter on one airlines (ex: Say I need 50000 mileage points to get a free airplane trip in Korean Air and I have 25000 in Continental and 25000 in Korean Air. Can I get the 25000 miles grom Continental and use it on Korean Air)?

Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 30, 2007, 2:53 am

Programs: DL, AA
WebFlyer offers a Mileage Converter to help with this. However, you usually lose a significant percentage of your miles in the exchange.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by undesputed
I have mileage in both Continental Airlines and Korean Air. Is there a way to take the mileage from one and transfer it to just one of them?
Unfortunately, probably not. The one possible exception to this might be between Northwest and KLM, since they have a joint venture that predates SkyTeam. Splitting miles between airlines in the same alliance isn't usually a beneficial strategy; it's probably better to pick one airline in each of the main alliances and credit all possible flights within the alliance to the same account.

Or is it possible to use the mileage from any Skyteam parter on one airlines (ex: Say I need 50000 mileage points to get a free airplane trip in Korean Air and I have 25000 in Continental and 25000 in Korean Air. Can I get the 25000 miles grom Continental and use it on Korean Air)?
I'm honestly not sure, but I think you have to call the airline the miles are with to redeem them. However, if you found one thing that cost 50000 Korean miles/points, and something else that cost 25000 Continental miles (maybe a flight to Asia connecting to one within Asia) you might be able to book part of it through Korean and the other part through Continental.

In the future, though, it's probably best to concentrate your miles within SkyTeam in a single account if possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.