Reload this Page >

Best Skyteam award options to HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Skyteam award options to HKG?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:22 pm

I'm assuming you mean TLV at 6,437 miles. The DL website lists the 763/4ER at 6,400 miles, so they'd be pushing it.

Of course, they list the 777 at 7,500 and use it for the 7,799 to BOM.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jpdx
From the East Coast, your best option is: piece something together -- DL's ATL-NRT (a relatively good PMU upgrade value), and then a 30k Biz award on NW NRT-HKG. Get the upper deck of the 742, NW has old F seats up there; they are quite comfy. Alternatively, if you have miles to burn, you can book a 120k award IAD-ATL-ICN/NRT-HKG. From the West Coast, I'd go NW all the way.
My best value in terms of cost and earned MQMs for the ATL-HKG route is the same: take the ATL-NRT flight in M-class and use miles/PMUs to upgrade. This fare has been ~$1300 the past few years, and yields 20,550 MQMs (btw, same price and more MQMs from NYC). From there you can use miles to take KE or NW in J for 30K miles which includes a stopover (to pick up DVDs in PEK) if you'd like.

I've been going at least once a year for the past few years to visit my tailor, which is an even better value proposition than the flight!
Old Dec 6, 2006, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Originally Posted by flyatlanta
My best value in terms of cost and earned MQMs for the ATL-HKG route is the same: take the ATL-NRT flight in M-class and use miles/PMUs to upgrade. This fare has been ~$1300 the past few years, and yields 20,550 MQMs (btw, same price and more MQMs from NYC). From there you can use miles to take KE or NW in J for 30K miles which includes a stopover (to pick up DVDs in PEK) if you'd like.

I've been going at least once a year for the past few years to visit my tailor, which is an even better value proposition than the flight!
Funnily enough, that's one reason i'm off to HKG too.. which tailor?

As an aside, I really like HKG airport, and of course my PM credentials get me into the NW lounge there..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.