Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Flying C class on Skyteam...can I use any Skyteam airline lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2004, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist

I'm finally burning some skymiles and taking a few flights on DL and Korean in C class. Is it possible to use any Skyteam airline lounge, or only the lounges for the airlines I'm flying?

I know on *A you can visit any and all if you want which makes your airport transit time a little more enjoyable.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 7:26 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Yes you can.

http://www.skyteam.com/EN/benefits/skyteam_lounges.jsp
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Actually, there are very few cities that have more than one skyteam lounge. And you won't have access to the first class lounges in, say, Paris or Seoul. But other than that, everything should be fine.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:59 pm

Interestingly, if you are a DL PM, hence SkyTeam Elite Plus, you can access KE's First Class lounge at ICN without holding an F ticket. *A won't admit you to F lounges regardless of status without an F ticket.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 12:41 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
I don't know what the rules are with Korean Air, but in Rome you can't use the lounges for Alitalia or Air France. I fly the Rome - JFK route on DL every few months and I try each time to no avail.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 5:00 am

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum

Apparently, Skyteam members have a lot of discretion as to when they will let you use their lounge. In Jo'burg, for instance, there is no Delta lounge and Air France will only let you use the lounge if you are connecting to a AF flight. Conversely, I've been able to use the Alitalia lounge in Rome even though I was flying Lufthansa, but found that sitting in the terminal amongst the hoi polloi was preferable.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for all the replies...I have moved my status over to United. So all I will have to gain admittance is my C class ticket. LAX and BKK both have AF lounges that will be open while I'm transiting, and both are probably nicer than the KE lounges, so I'll give it a go and see what happens.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 8:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jmscsc:
I don't know what the rules are with Korean Air, but in Rome you can't use the lounges for Alitalia or Air France. I fly the Rome - JFK route on DL every few months and I try each time to no avail.</font>
I suspect that this is more a function of your flight than the lounge - the FCO AF lounge is located in the Schengen part of the airport (Terminal B) and your JFK flight operates from the Terminal C satellite, beyond immingration.

I routinely use the AF lounge while flying AZ out of Terminal B and have never once had a problem. It's far less crowded than the AZ lounge across the hall and is one of the few places at FCO with a legal smoking area (not that that stops most Europeans).
Old Feb 18, 2004, 8:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jmscsc:
I don't know what the rules are with Korean Air, but in Rome you can't use the lounges for Alitalia or Air France. I fly the Rome - JFK route on DL every few months and I try each time to no avail.</font>
Could you give us some more details. What's your status? Who's your carrier? What's your paid fare class?

If you're in business or a high elite, there's something going wrong.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 11:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EmoryFlyer:
Thanks for all the replies...I have moved my status over to United. So all I will have to gain admittance is my C class ticket. LAX and BKK both have AF lounges that will be open while I'm transiting, and both are probably nicer than the KE lounges, so I'll give it a go and see what happens.</font>
AF moved over to the Delta terminal at LAX for their flights to Paris and now use the CRC in Terminal 5. The flight that goes to Tahiti still uses the Int'l Terminal (as does Korean) but I don't know if they've kept their lounge open or opted to use KE's. Has anyone tried to use (what used to be) the AF lounge in the Tom Bradley terminal since the change over in November?

[edited to add "at LAX" for clarity]

[This message has been edited by eefor jfp (edited Feb 18, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.