Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Other Sky Team Members' Lounge Access & Related Skyteam Questions

Old Feb 24, 04, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Location: Atlanta, GA, USA -- Delta PM, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PrezCircle

Hello all, have two (somewhat) related questions...

1) Lounge Access - I'm a PM but flying coach in March to CDG. I think I don't have access to the Elite lounge in JFK, but do I have access to the Air France/Alitalia lounge? How about when I'm flying domestic on CO/NW - do I have access to their lounges because of my Delta PM status?

2) MQMs - if I fly on other skyteam domestic partners (CO/NW), does the flight have to be codeshared with Delta to receive MQMs? Or can I just book a flight thru them and give them my skymiles #?

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 04, 10:44 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by danlo:
MQMs - if I fly on other skyteam domestic partners (CO/NW), does the flight have to be codeshared with Delta to receive MQMs? Or can I just book a flight thru them and give them my skymiles #?</font>
The correct answer is that you can do both.

Please note (using the link provided below) that there are two different types of Medallion Qualification Mile charts: one each for Continental Airlines and Northwest Airlines flights with no Delta code-share involved, and one for Delta code-share flights on either Continental Airlines or Northwest Airlines.

Here is more information.
Old Feb 24, 04, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by danlo:

1) Lounge Access - I'm a PM but flying coach in March to CDG. I think I don't have access to the Elite lounge in JFK, but do I have access to the Air France/Alitalia lounge? How about when I'm flying domestic on CO/NW - do I have access to their lounges because of my Delta PM status?
</font>
Is there a Crown Room at JFK? If not (or even if there is), I'm 99% certain that you can use either the Air France or Alitalia lounges. If you are flying domestic with CO/NW I am 100% sure you can use your Delta PM card to get into their lounges. I do it frequently.