Reload this Page >

Why codeshares shown on website??

Old May 5, 2006, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

I was looking at the timetable at skyteam.com and was wondering why on earth do they show codeshares flights? Does any find them useful info? I just don't see how it makes sence, I would like to know straight up who operates the damn flight instead of having to click once more (yeah I know that smacks of laziness). OK even if they show codeshare why show the same flight three times once operated by the carrier and the other two codeshare? Just gets hopes up till you realise all three are the same flight.

Also I noticed that some flights operated by non-ST members are shown like Virgin Atlantic (wish they would just join some alliance) under a ST flight #.

Lastly is there a way to find the distance of flights from their website as well as the frequency without having to click different dates (a seven day search like on the star website)?
Old May 5, 2006, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I was looking at the timetable at skyteam.com and was wondering why on earth do they show codeshares flights? Does any find them useful info? I just don't see how it makes sence, I would like to know straight up who operates the damn flight instead of having to click once more (yeah I know that smacks of laziness). OK even if they show codeshare why show the same flight three times once operated by the carrier and the other two codeshare? Just gets hopes up till you realise all three are the same flight.

Also I noticed that some flights operated by non-ST members are shown like Virgin Atlantic (wish they would just join some alliance) under a ST flight #.

Lastly is there a way to find the distance of flights from their website as well as the frequency without having to click different dates (a seven day search like on the star website)?
IMO, the Skyteam page is useless I'd use the KVS tool for flight availability.
Old May 5, 2006, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I was looking at the timetable at skyteam.com and was wondering why on earth do they show codeshares flights?
If you want to book an elaborate routing, it lets you know which airlines websites you can try. If the airline you want to use for booking codeshares all legs, you can find the trip on their site; if not then you have to use a different site.

For example, I'll often compare the same itinerary on DL, AZ and AF's site- if they all codeshare, they'll all show the itinerary, and each have a different price.

However, the duplication listing of flights is dumb.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.