Any Improvements at SVO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Improvements at SVO?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 3:37 am

Programs: OK+; DL Skymiles; SAS EB; HHonors
Thanks, and another question, if i'm in transit i assume I can get my onward boarding pass already at CDG, so will they allow you in the lounge for a longer wait then?
Old May 28, 2006, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
We're flying SU in business class. We arrive SVO2 and have a 6 hour connection with a departure from SVO1. Will we be able to use the SVO2 lounge? I'm a Skyteam Elite Plus but my wife and kids are not.
Old May 28, 2006, 7:34 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xyzzy
We're flying SU in business class. We arrive SVO2 and have a 6 hour connection with a departure from SVO1. Will we be able to use the SVO2 lounge? I'm a Skyteam Elite Plus but my wife and kids are not.
You won't be able to use the SVO-2 lounge, as it is a departure longe and you need an invitation that issued at the check-in.

As a SkyTeam Elite Plus, you should be able to gain access to the lounge at SVO-1, however, you are only allowed 1 guest. Don't forget to get your invitation card(s) at the check-in.

BTW, keep in mind that the Minimum Connecting Time between SVO-2 & SVO-1 is approx. 3 hours, as the terminals are located almost 10 kms from each other. SU does have a complimentary transfer service if you are connecting between 2 SU flights: http://www.Aeroflot.ru/eng/info.asp?ob_no=764
Old May 29, 2006, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by KVS
You won't be able to use the SVO-2 lounge, as it is a departure longe and you need an invitation that issued at the check-in.

As a SkyTeam Elite Plus, you should be able to gain access to the lounge at SVO-1, however, you are only allowed 1 guest. Don't forget to get your invitation card(s) at the check-in.

BTW, keep in mind that the Minimum Connecting Time between SVO-2 & SVO-1 is approx. 3 hours, as the terminals are located almost 10 kms from each other. SU does have a complimentary transfer service if you are connecting between 2 SU flights: http://www.Aeroflot.ru/eng/info.asp?ob_no=764
We've got ~6hrs between flights. Will they give us SVO lounge passes at JFK? Since we're all in business class will they give us all lounge access?
Old May 29, 2006, 10:33 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We've got ~6hrs between flights. Will they give us SVO lounge passes at JFK? Since we're all in business class will they give us all lounge access?
Since you're all in business class, you will all be allowed access -- no elite status required. However, the only place where you will be able to get SVO-1 lounge passes are at the SVO-1 check-in.

Having said that, the check-in for a domestic flight won't be open until 2 hours before departure. SVO-1 is a real zoo, and there is nothing to do there...
Old Jun 4, 2006, 9:10 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
For 55 dollars you can spend up to 6 hours at SVO2 airport hotel. Novotel is also and option but about $200 with taxes and such. $55 for a family to rest a few hours is better than any lounge you'll find at SVO. You'll have to call them when you land to come and pick you up. PM me for the number if you want it.

KVS is right. It is an absolute zoo and the only thing to do is survive and advance (kinda like the playoffs!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.